Ariana Grande Netflix Concert Movie Release Date Announced

Forum 3 years ago

Ariana Grande Netflix Concert Movie Release Date Announced

Ariana Grande's Sweetener world tour is coming to Netflix in December after touring the globe in 2019 in support of her two widely heralded releases.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/56acfaa2000bb9007ab020d74c2395b3.jpg

Ariana Grande is adding a little bit of Sweetener to the end of 2020 with her concert film excuse me, i love you set to hit Netflix. The singer and actress has come a long way since her Nickelodeon days. Grande has starred in Ryan Murphy's Scream Queens and is set to make an appearance in Adam McKay's new Netflix film Don't Look Up alongside Jennifer Lawrence and Timothée Chalamet. Her acting career pales in comparison to her music career, though.

Grande's star has been on the rise ever since she began releasing music. The singer rose from the ashes of a horrifying terrorist attack at one of her concerts, the death of her ex-boyfriend Mac Miller, and a very public break-up with actor Pete Davidson to create some of the most critically acclaimed pop albums of the last few years. Both Sweetener and thank u, next dominated the charts within months of each other. The singer toured the albums in 2019 to over 1 million fans.

Grande announced the concert film on her Twitter. The release will mark the one year anniversary of that tour ending. The tweet is accompanied by a video that announces the title and the date the film will hit the streamer. The concert will be available for fans to watch beginning Monday, December 21.

The movie is an end to another year that Grande absolutely dominated. In October, the singer released surprise album Positions and she's also set to appear in Mariah Carey's Christmas special for AppleTV+, making the Netflix concert film another indicator that Grande's reign just won't let up. With Grande set to return to her acting roots with Don't Look Up, the singer will have continued the trend of having good years, even if the rest of us have been suffering through 2020.

The concert film is part of a slate of music related content that Netflix has released in the last few years. In addition to Grande's excuse me, i love you, the streamer released a Taylor Swift documentary this year, a Shawn Mendes-focused documentary, and a concert film for Mendes' latest tour. In a huge win, the streamer also scored an overall deal with Beyoncé that saw the singer bring her Coachella performance to the platform. Netflix is continually proving their ability to draw in big names, even if they missed out on Swift's latest film centered around her folklore album. Netflix is building a name for itself as an artist-friendly platform, a reputation that will continue to grow with Grande's excuse me, i love you and their continued work with other artists like her.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Sweet Tooth Season 3 Teaser Trailer Sets Release Date for Final Installment
Forum | 1 day ago

Sweet Tooth Season 3 Teaser Trailer Sets Release Date for Final Installment

One Hundred Years of Solitude Teaser Trailer Reveals Netflix Series Based on Masterpiece Novel
Forum | 1 day ago

One Hundred Years of Solitude Teaser Trailer Reveals Netflix Series Based on Masterpiece Novel

A Man in Full Trailer & Poster Preview Jeff Daniels-Led Netflix Series
Forum | 2 days ago

A Man in Full Trailer & Poster Preview Jeff Daniels-Led Netflix Series

I Am: Celine Dion Documentary Sets Prime Video Release Date
Forum | 2 days ago

I Am: Celine Dion Documentary Sets Prime Video Release Date