Henderson Must Leave Man United To Be Regular For England- Seaman

Forum 3 years ago

Henderson Must Leave Man United To Be Regular For England- Seaman

Dean Henderson may have to leave Manchester United to become a regular for England, according to David Seaman.https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/cf3cf9c4316204e6bcb62c164f757a12.jpg

Henderson returned to Old Trafford in August following an impressive two-year loan stint at Sheffield United.

The 23-year-old proved himself as one of the most consistent shot-stoppers in the Premier League in 2019-20, helping the Blades secure a respectable ninth-place finish in their first season back in the top-flight under Chris Wilder.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer decided to bring Henderson back to United amid David de Gea’s struggles for form between the sticks, and there was much debate over which man would start the new campaign as the club’s No.1.

The Norwegian head coach ultimately decided to keep faith with De Gea, leaving his younger colleague with no choice but to bide his time on the bench and make the most of any opportunities in cup games.

Henderson has featured in five matches across all competitions for United so far this term, and managed to impress enough to earn a call-up to Gareth Southgate’s England squad.

The former Sheffield United loanee came on as a half-time substitute for Tom Heaton in a 3-0 friendly win over the Republic of Ireland on November 12, but Seaman doesn’t think he will nail down a spot in the Three Lions set-up unless he starts playing week in, week out at club level again.

“If Dean Henderson wants any chance of becoming England keeper, then he needs to play more football,” the ex-England shot-stopper, who won a total of 75 caps for his country, told The Target Men Podcast.

“If he becomes Manchester United’s number one, then he’s a real threat to Jordan Pickford and I think he’ll probably leapfrog Nick Pope. He’s got the experience from his time at Sheffield [United].

“So, he’s got all the experience he needs, he just needs playing time, so if it’s not at Man United, then I think he really needs to go somewhere else.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
I Met Paul As A Single Man - Ivy Ifeoma Addresses Accusations Of Being A Husband Snatcher
Forum | 3 days ago

I Met Paul As A Single Man - Ivy Ifeoma Addresses Accusations Of Being A Husband Snatcher

One-Punch Man Live-Action Movie Enlists Rick & Morty Creator as Writer
Forum | 3 days ago

One-Punch Man Live-Action Movie Enlists Rick & Morty Creator as Writer

Jnr Pope: Man Who Claims To Be The Captain Of The Boat Gives Account Of What Allegedly Transpired Before And After The Accident
Forum | 3 days ago

Jnr Pope: Man Who Claims To Be The Captain Of The Boat Gives Account Of What Allegedly Transpired Before And After The Accident

EPL: Guardiola reveals how Arsenal, Liverpool are better than Man City
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Guardiola reveals how Arsenal, Liverpool are better than Man City