Manchester United Must Sell Pogba Now – Rene Meulensteen

Forum 3 years ago

Manchester United Must Sell Pogba Now – Rene Meulensteen

Paul Pogba has “not lived up to expectations” at Manchester United and should be sold by the club following his agent Mino Raiola’s latest comments, according to Rene Meulensteen.https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/c2f14ac1d32055d44097bb0d569b5470.jpg

United were dumped out of the Champions League on Tuesday after losing 3-2 to RB Leipzig on a disappointing night for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, but the build-up was dominated by Raiola’s comments about Pogba’s future at Old Trafford.

The Italian, speaking to Tuttosport, claimed his client’s time in Manchester will soon be over, suggesting the France World Cup winner has been shackled by Solskjaer’s preferred tactical set-up and should be sold in the summer transfer window.

Raiola has spoken out regularly since Pogba returned to United four years ago and Meulensteen, who worked under Sir Alex Ferguson as a first-team coach during the 27-year-old’s first spell at the club, thinks it is best for all parties to move on.

“This has been a constant point of discussion since Paul Pogba returned to Manchester United,” Muelensteen told Sky Sports News. “With a big game around the corner against Leipzig, to put that out in the media is very poor practice of his agent.

“I don’t know how much Paul would have had an influence on it, but I would have thought that it’s important as a player that you want the best for the team, that you want to make sure they concentrate on a big game like that. It’s a big distraction.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Chippa United target Black Stars goalie as potential replacement for Nwabali
Forum | 1 week ago

Chippa United target Black Stars goalie as potential replacement for Nwabali

Nigerian Govt to Sell Crude Oil in Naira to Dangote and Other Local Refineries
Forum | 1 week ago

Nigerian Govt to Sell Crude Oil in Naira to Dangote and Other Local Refineries

Transfer: Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester United make Adarabioyo contact
Forum | 1 week ago

Transfer: Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester United make Adarabioyo contact