Biography & Career Of Ojayy Wright

Forum 3 years ago

Biography & Career Of Ojayy Wright

Oluwagbenga Jerry Amu-wright professionally known as Ojay Wright, is a talented Nigerian music artist born on September 22. Ojayy became known for his hit single “Erica” which already enjoy massive airplay across the country.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/bf73f6aa30baaf87d95d25039bd9e7f8.jpg

Early Life & Background

Ojayy Wright was born on September 22 in Lagos state. He is the son of the popular Nigerian actress, Bukky Wright.

He grew up partly in Nigeria and in United States. He had his early childhood in Mushin and Magodo area of Lagos state before he moved to the United States.

He obtained a degree in Biological Sciences from the Rutgers University in New Jersey.

His mother, Bukky Wright, is one of the popular faces in the Nigerian movie industry. She has starred in quite lots of TV series and movies.

Music Career

Ojayy began his music career at a very tender age.

He returned back to the country in 2014 after his University and became one of the fast rising act with his popular street music.

He came into the music industry with his debut single titled “Hello”.

He released his street anthem “Kritical265” which enjoyed massive airplay across the street and clubs in the country. It served as his first single under his mother’s label, “Wright Media International in conjunction with Barcodes Music group.

He had released his debut project “37 Degrees in Lagos” with features from the likes of CDQ, Chidinma, Ice Prince, Jaywon, Small Doctor and so on.

The Afro pop singer came to limelight with his hit single “Erika” which boast of thousands of streams across the various platforms.

The singer who was into the R&B genre had revealed that he had to dump R&B and focus on ‘street music’ due to popular demand. In his words:

“We wanted a club banger, and people said my previous singles sounded too foreign. I use to sing more, but at this point in time, everyone is saying it’s the street that is bringing the money so we had to do a club song for the street,” he said. “I was pressured into this kind of making this kind of song. Like the first day I had issues with this song but we kept going at it. It’s not like I can’t make it, but it’s not just my style. I’m the kind of person that loves to get out of my comfort zone, this is one of it but generally, in music, you have to be able to diversify.”

The video to the single “Kritical265” was later released and it showcases cameo appearances from his mother, Bukky wright and the veteran Nigerian actor, Jide Kosoko. The video was shot and directed by Rufflkonz films.

However, Ojayy’s new collaboration with Teni on “Fuji pop” has been on repeat and trending on all TV stations and radio alike.

Ojayy Wright Song

• Fuji Pop

• Erika

• Mofo

• Money Must Blow

• By n Sell

• Aye Dun

• Let it Show

• Real Madrid

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/5c2b4d861090824868493f4b0b26bc91.jpg

Net Worth

Not Yet Estimated.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Biography & Career Of Hank Kuehne
Forum | 4 days ago

Biography & Career Of Hank Kuehne

Age & Career Of Jack Stratton
Forum | 4 days ago

Age & Career Of Jack Stratton

Career & Net Worth Of Bobby Ernest