See What PSG President Has To Say To Report Of The Club Signing Messi

Forum 3 years ago

See What PSG President Has To Say To Report Of The Club Signing Messi

Neymar took a route-one approach to attracting the interest of Lionel Messi, but discretion may be order of the day for Paris Saint-Germain president Nasser Al-Khelaifi.https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/53ef251adb7f9743ac9d4c246180e14c.jpg

Moments after coming off the pitch after PSG’s 3-1 Champions League win at Manchester United, Neymar said he hoped to be reunited in 2021 with former Barcelona team-mate Messi.

That sparked inevitable debate about how it might happen, should Neymar be serious about that wish.

PSG would appear better placed to sign Messi than Barcelona are equipped to re-sign Neymar, given the Camp Nou great could be available on a free transfer at the end of this season.

To land the Argentine forward – La Liga’s all-time record scorer – would be a remarkable coup for PSG and president Al-Khelaifi.

Speaking to French talk show Touche Pas a Mon Poste, Al-Khelaifi was asked about the possibility of Messi coming to Paris.

“Messi is a Barcelona player. I can’t talk about that,” replied Al-Khelaifi.

Al-Khelaifi then joked that he was currently in Barcelona but later quashed speculation by stressing he was actually in London.

Neymar was not nearly as diplomatic on Wednesday when he told ESPN:

“What I want most is to play with Messi again.

“I want to play with him. I’ll let him play in my position if he wants! Next year, we have to play together, for sure.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
You Can’t Stand Beside Me And Say Something Negative About Davido - Sabinus
Forum | 2 hours ago

You Can’t Stand Beside Me And Say Something Negative About Davido - Sabinus

It
Forum | 2 hours ago

It's Difficult To Say RIP - Zubby Michael Posts Junior Pope On Instagram After He Was Dragged For Not Mourning

Seyi Law Lays Curses On X User Who Accused Him Of Leaving A Club With A Pr*stitute
Forum | 20 hours ago

Seyi Law Lays Curses On X User Who Accused Him Of Leaving A Club With A Pr*stitute

President Tinubu Attends African Counter-Terrorism Summit In Abuja
Forum | 3 days ago

President Tinubu Attends African Counter-Terrorism Summit In Abuja