Net Worth Of Maureen Okpoko

Forum 3 years ago

Net Worth Of Maureen Okpoko

Maureen Okpoko is a popular Nigerian actress known for a hit movie, Golden Egg alongside Justus Esiri.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/59019dc325743124d4f31a70d312a54e.jpeg

Okpoko hails from Anambra State, in south eastern Nigeria. She is of Nigerian and Jamaican descent. Her father is a British trained Nigerian lawyer and judge while her mother a British trained Jamaican nurse.

Maureen educational background is however is not known.

Her Acting Career

Maureen Okpoko began her acting career in 2013 with a movie, Golden Egg, which also featured Justus Esiri.

She has since starred in several Nollywood movies including:

• Unsettled Dust

• Falling Pharaoh’s Disciples

• Crazy Temper

• The banker among many others.

Okpoko has also featured in a number of Nigerian television series, some of which are:

• Dear Mother

• Clinic Matters

• Neta, University Mafias

• Sorrowful Child

• Sacrifice the Baby

• Red Scorpion

• Baby Oku among numerous others.

Maureen Okpoko is creative and highly talented in acting known for her good delivery of roles in movies. She can fit into any character assigned her but revealed in an interview that she cannot take nude roles in movies mainly because she would not look nice unclothed.

Okpoko is a multi-lingual actress. She speaks English, Igbo and Patwa, a development which gives her an advantage over most of her counterparts in the industry.

In an interview granted in 2015, Okpoko cited Duplex as the most challenging role she has ever played in movies.

Maureen has acted alongside key players in the industry like Majid Michel, Beverly Naya in a movie, The Madman I Love.

She has also worked with Uche Jombo, Okey Uzoeshi, Seun Akindele in a movie like ‘Good Home’, a good and successful movie which addressed human trafficking from the Nigerian perspective.

Awards and Nominations

In 2016, the Anambra born superstar was nominated for Best Actress in a Supporting Role at the Africa Movie Academy Awards.

Her Personal life

Maureen Okpoko has been married with three children.

Recently, the marriage is said to have hit the rock and both parties in their separate ways.

Okpoko revealed in a chat with The Nation, revealed how her marriage-crash nearly ruined her career.

“I am just grateful to my family for standing by me; they helped me pulled through the whole journey,” she said.

She went further to state that “It was not an easy task, but they kept encouraging and never let me alone, till I was able to pick-up the pieces of my life back. It could have been terrible; who knows could have been a lunatic roaming the streets. Prayers and counselling also helped me a whole lot. I remain eternally grateful to God” she concluded.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/b289d0d82385b56f657516c163086527.jpeg

Her Net Worth

Maureen Okpoko has remained very active and relevant in Nollywood, rated one of the richest and most influential with an estimated net worth of about $400,000 dollars.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Net Worth Of Jelly Roll
Forum | 4 days ago

Net Worth Of Jelly Roll

Net Worth Of Kaylah Zander
Forum | 4 days ago

Net Worth Of Kaylah Zander

Career & Net Worth Of Bobby Ernest
Forum | 4 days ago

Career & Net Worth Of Bobby Ernest