Arteta Finally Speaks On Arsenal Resigning Jack Wilshere

Forum 3 years ago

Arteta Finally Speaks On Arsenal Resigning Jack Wilshere

Mikel Arteta says Arsenal have not explored the possibility of re-signing Jack Wilshere on a free transfer.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/e83c4e4cdde45c77058da34f2503664c.jpg

The 28-year-old is currently a free agent after leaving West Ham in the summer. Earlier this week, former Tottenham striker Darren Bent, who is also an Arsenal fan, urged the Gunners to bring Wilshere back to the Emirates Stadium.

Wilshere, meanwhile, has said that it would be a ‘dream’ to return to Arsenal having come through their academy.

And Arteta, who won two FA Cup trophies with Wilshere during their time together at Arsenal, has refused to rule out a move.

‘We haven’t analysed that situation,’ said Arteta.

‘What I can tell you about Jack is what I’ve said in the past, as a player, as a teammate and as a person I rate him really, really highly.

‘Unfortunately, at the moment we haven’t looked at that.

‘We are focused on the players we have and we’re trying to do the best we can with them.’

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
He Bled Neon: Rita Ora Joins Jack O’Connell and Joe Cole in Action Thriller
Forum | 1 day ago

He Bled Neon: Rita Ora Joins Jack O’Connell and Joe Cole in Action Thriller

EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race

EPL: Arteta reacts to Cole Palmer possibly missing Arsenal vs Chelsea
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Arteta reacts to Cole Palmer possibly missing Arsenal vs Chelsea

Criticisms No Longer Shake Me - Skitmaker, Taaooma Speaks Up
Forum | 3 days ago

Criticisms No Longer Shake Me - Skitmaker, Taaooma Speaks Up