FIFA Told To Retire No.10 Shirt In Honour Of Late Argentina Legend Maradona

Forum 3 years ago

FIFA Told To Retire No.10 Shirt In Honour Of Late Argentina Legend Maradona

Marseille manager, Andres Villas-Boas, has called on the world football governing body FIFA, to retire the no.10 shirt in honour of the late Diego Maradona.

Maradona, who is widely considered the greatest footballer of all-time, died on Wednesday afternoon at the age of 60.

His health has been in decline in the last few months and he passed away at his Buenos Aires home after suffering a cardiac arrest.

His former club Napoli have already confirmed plans to rename their stadium in his honour, but Villas-Boas wants the sport to come together to go one step further by retiring the no.10 shirt from the game.

“I would like FIFA to retire the number 10 shirt in all competitions, for all teams.

“It would be the best homage we could do for him. He is an incredible loss for the world of football,” he said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)
Forum | 2 days ago

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)

Late Sound Sultan’s Wife, Farida Shares Lovely Family Photo As She Turns 40 Today
Forum | 2 days ago

Late Sound Sultan’s Wife, Farida Shares Lovely Family Photo As She Turns 40 Today

Video of Late Actor, Junior Pope Recounting How He Met His Wife Resurfaces Online
Forum | 2 days ago

Video of Late Actor, Junior Pope Recounting How He Met His Wife Resurfaces Online

Late Night With The Devil Passes Box Office Milestone Ahead of Streaming Debut
Forum | 3 days ago

Late Night With The Devil Passes Box Office Milestone Ahead of Streaming Debut