Arsenal Are Learning How To Suffer – Defender Bellerin Speaks Out

Forum 3 years ago

Arsenal Are Learning How To Suffer – Defender Bellerin Speaks Out

Hector Bellerin says Arsenal are “learning to suffer”, with that considered to be a positive as Mikel Arteta’s side seek to play their way through a testing run and establish much-needed consistency.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/5015fe5289ccb76368e751bb5c64fd7a.jpg

The Gunners remain something of a work in progress during the 2020-21 campaign.

Encouragement has been offered during Arteta’s tenure, but there are still a number of issues to be addressed.

Those at Emirates Stadium are in the process of working through that list, with the north London giants aware that fighting spirit will be required in order to pull them through.

There was plenty of that on display during a 0-0 draw at Leeds last time out, with the Gunners battling their way to a point with 10 men after Nicolas Pepe’s reckless sending off.

Bellerin believes that performance could act as a springboard for Arsenal, with the club taking important lessons from problems that are often of their own making.

“I am happy with the character the team has shown,” Bellerin told reporters when reflecting on a goalless stalemate at Elland Road.

“We have solidified our defence throughout this season and that’s something we have proved in many games.

“We are learning how to suffer and that is really important nowadays when we don’t have control of the ball and it becomes vital that we don’t concede.

“But I can’t say that I feel happy with the draw because even when we were down to 10 men on Sunday we still had chances to score and that’s what makes the difference in the long run.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Anti-Party: APC Speaks On Suspending El-Rufai
Forum | 1 day ago

Anti-Party: APC Speaks On Suspending El-Rufai

EPL Title: Arsene Wenger reveals one advantage Arsenal have over Man City
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL Title: Arsene Wenger reveals one advantage Arsenal have over Man City

EPL: It’s not over yet – Declan Rice on title race after Arsenal defeat
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: It’s not over yet – Declan Rice on title race after Arsenal defeat