ALBUM REVIEW: Lil Kesh - "Ecstasy"

Forum 3 years ago

ALBUM REVIEW: Lil Kesh - "Ecstasy"

ALBUM REVIEW: Lil Kesh - Ecstasy - Eight year into his career as an artiste, Keshinro Ololade popularly known as Lil Kesh presents his sophomore project tagged "Ecstasy". 

The Nigerian singer, rapper, and songwriter, Lil Kesh became famous after releasing the hit single "Shoki" in 2014. The single which got Amber Rose dancing At DBanj's concert in 2015 went on to verify the authenticity of his versatile talent. He further dished out hits upon hits as describes by his boss, Olamide in 2016 which earned him a Headies award nomination for Next Rated Category in the 2015 edition of the award. 

Despite how many people vibed to his sound, Lil Kesh was heavily criticized for using too much blasphemous or obscene language and vulgar lyrics in 2015. The Yoruba indigenous rapper promised to cut down his use of Yoruba in his album saying the singles were meant for the streets. 

After vacating Olamide's YBNL, Lil Kesh launched his own record label, Y.A.G.I (Young and Getting It) the same title he gave his debut album release under YBNL in 2016. 

On 19th November 2020, Lil Kesh premiered his second project, and the first in four years tagged "Ecstasy". The eight-track extended play featured Fireboy DML, Naira Marley, Young Jonn, and Shaybo. Production credits go to Pheelz, Princeton, Young Jonn, Smyley, and Type A. 

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/6b0b4a75122c08a8b7fc3c8d6c69ce1a.png

The EP is a masterpiece and a total indication that Lil Kesh took some time off to work on his craft and address the criticisms he got about the profanity of his craft. 

• In "YAGI level", Lil Kesh flows so hard in this hip hop track produced by Pheelz. He surely reminds us how deadly he when he's rapping. 

• "Agbani Darego" was a single released in October 2020. It's a groovy tune with sing-along lyrics and hardcore rap lines. Lil Kesh is indeed extra talented. This is a beautiful piece of art. 

• Lil Kesh teams up Fireboy DML who's currently signed to his former label YBNL in this one tagged "Love Like This". It's a powerful sound with mind-blowing lyrics. 

• "All The Way" is a lamba tune produced by Young Jonn. It was previously released as a single with the official video featuring Naira Marley. This is surely a tune to remind us of the Lil Kesh of 2015-2016.

• Lil Kesh finally features Young Jonn in a slow-paced emotional tune with soul touching melodies tagged "Try". Lil Kesh songs and raps in Yoruba and English talking about his fight against criticisms. It's a spiritual vibe. 

• "Service" is another banging tune produced by Princeton. Lil Kesh is indeed super talented. His ability to switch from rapping to singing is mind-blowing. 

• Lil Kesh ends the 'Ecstacy' experience with a lamba tune "Opor" released in 2019 featuring Marlian music boss, Naira Marley. 

RATING 

Lyrics – 3/5

Production – 4/5

Performance – 3/5

AVERAGE RATING - 3/5

DOWNLOAD >> LIL KESH "ECSTACY" FULL ALBUM

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Career & Net Worth Of Lil Hezx
Forum | 1 week ago

Career & Net Worth Of Lil Hezx