Arsenal Should Make Transfer Offer For Christian Eriksen – Campbell

Forum 3 years ago

Arsenal Should Make Transfer Offer For Christian Eriksen – Campbell

Arsenal shouldn’t be bothered by Christian Eriksen’s history with Tottenham if they have an opportunity to sign the playmaker, says Kevin Campbell.https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/61b3b1be9e9ea56e31dffe1fb896ee12.jpg

Eriksen has endured a rough time in Serie A having forced through a move to Inter Milan in January 2020 and there are suggestions that he could be looking to return to the Premier League.

The 28-year-old has struggled for game time under Antonio Conte and admits his time at Inter has not gone as planned.

Eriksen has told TV2:

“This isn’t what I dreamed of. All players want to play as much as possible, but the coach decides who gets to go on the pitch.

“It is a strange situation, as the fans want to see me playing more and so would I, but the coach has different ideas and as a player I have to respect that.”

Arsenal have been linked with a move for Eriksen, with a swap deal involving Granit Xhaka mooted.

And Campbell says his former club should be pushing for the deal despite Eriksen’s success with noth London rivals Spurs.

“Eriksen played for the rivals but we all know the quality he possesses, that is for sure,” ex-Arsenal striker Campbell told Football Insider.

“It is not quite working out for him at Inter right now and I am sure he would be a good addition to Arsenal’s squad.

“I do not care if he played for Spurs – he is a superb player who can bring something to the table for Arsenal.

“I would not mind it if we swapped Eriksen for Xhaka. The key is building and fattening that squad up to challenge and you can never have enough quality players.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Transfer: Iheanacho tipped to leave Leicester City this summer
Forum | 1 day ago

Transfer: Iheanacho tipped to leave Leicester City this summer

The Life of Chuck: Mike Flanagan, David Dastmalchian Offer Updates on Stephen King Horror Movie
Forum | 3 days ago

The Life of Chuck: Mike Flanagan, David Dastmalchian Offer Updates on Stephen King Horror Movie

Transfer: Barcelona to move for Chukwuemeka
Forum | 3 days ago

Transfer: Barcelona to move for Chukwuemeka

EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race