Man City Star Foden Happy To Be Back In England Squad After Getting Dropped In September

Forum 3 years ago

Man City Star Foden Happy To Be Back In England Squad After Getting Dropped In September

England talent Phil Foden was delighted to produce his breakout international performance against Iceland after going through ‘one of the hardest moments’ in his life when he was dropped from the Three Lions in September.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/04d7a46fac5c6b91b400cdc14c8a5de1.jpg

The 20-year-old scored twice late in the match – his first international goals – while also providing the assist for Declan Rice’s opener as England trounced their Nordic opponents 4-0 at Wembley on Wednesday evening.

Foden was making his first England start since he was axed from the Three Lions squad, along with Mason Greenwoood, after the duo broke Covid-19 rules by inviting girls back to their hotel in Reykjavik.

The Manchester City playmaker was delighted to put the past behind him and revealed his determination to make up for his mistake and earn back the trust of his team-mates.

“It was one of the hardest moments of my life,” Foden told Sky Sports.

“That’s the time you need the trust of your manager and Gareth had a lot of respect for me and it means everything to me. I just wanted to repay him with goals and do well.

“I was just determined to come back and do the best I can. I was a little bit nervous at the start of this camp but I got used to it after a while.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Yellowjackets Star Teases Shauna’s Season 3 Storyline
Forum | 1 day ago

Yellowjackets Star Teases Shauna’s Season 3 Storyline

LaKeith Stanfield to Star in Video Game Adaptation El Paso, Elsewhere
Forum | 1 day ago

LaKeith Stanfield to Star in Video Game Adaptation El Paso, Elsewhere

Monkey Man Digital Release Date Set for Dev Patel Action Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

Monkey Man Digital Release Date Set for Dev Patel Action Movie

Photo Of British-Nigerian Man Who Was Jailed For 28 Years After Shooting Man Over £3.50 Drug Debt In UK
Forum | 1 day ago

Photo Of British-Nigerian Man Who Was Jailed For 28 Years After Shooting Man Over £3.50 Drug Debt In UK