Jetwing pioneer, Vince Reffet dies in training accident in Dubai

Forum 3 years ago

Jetwing pioneer, Vince Reffet dies in training accident in Dubai

Vince Reffet, the Jetwing pioneer famous for flying above city skyscrapers with jet engines strapped to his back has died in a training accident in Dubai.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/835dae42a9197443345b694f1c50b22e.jpg

The French stuntman, 36, was killed in the deserts of the Arabian sheikhdom, Jetman Dubai said in a statement, adding the company is "working closely with all relevant authorities".

The statement read: "It is with unimaginable sadness that we announce the passing of Jetman Pilot, Vincent (Vince) Reffet, who died this morning, 17 November during training in Dubai," Jetman posted.

"Vince was a talented athlete, and a much-loved and respected member of our team. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and all those who knew and worked with him."

"We are working closely with all relevant authorities and ask that you please keep Vince's family in your thoughts and prayers."

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/d70973a862ac55a53e682bd726be21fb.jpg

Jetman Dubai gave no further details and Dubai police did not immediately acknowledge the incident.

Reffet made name for himself in the world of BASE jumping, skydiving, and wingsuit flying, and was a pioneer of the emerging industry of jet winging.

Reffet had BASE-jumped off the Burj Khalifa, the world's tallest building at 828 meters (2,716 feet) in Dubai, setting a world record. He earlier earned gold medals while competing as a free-flying skydiver on a team and competed as an extreme athlete sponsored by Red Bull. His parents were also skydivers.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Ondo Traditional Ruler, Olojoda Dies A Month To His First Anniversary
Forum | 5 days ago

Ondo Traditional Ruler, Olojoda Dies A Month To His First Anniversary

EPL: Two Arsenal players miss final training ahead of Aston Villa clash
Forum | 5 days ago

EPL: Two Arsenal players miss final training ahead of Aston Villa clash

EPL: 11 Chelsea players miss training ahead of Everton clash
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: 11 Chelsea players miss training ahead of Everton clash

Director Adanma Luke Ordered My Arrest After Escaping Accident That Killed Junior Pope – TC Virus
Forum | 1 week ago

Director Adanma Luke Ordered My Arrest After Escaping Accident That Killed Junior Pope – TC Virus