End SARS: Seun Kuti Calls Off Event As Govt Threatens To Shut Down Afrika Shrine

Forum 3 years ago

End SARS: Seun Kuti Calls Off Event As Govt Threatens To Shut Down Afrika Shrine

Nigeria’s Afrobeat legend, Seun Kuti has postponed his End SARS meeting after the government threatened to close Afrika shrine.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/dac82d2b5816cc45015ef5ff91951d40.jpg

Kuti was to host a meeting tagged #EndSARS movement; Lessons and tasks’ on Tuesday, 17th November, 2020 by 12 noon at Afrika Shrine, Lagos State.

However, the police in a letter said the event was not welcome in the state at a time when normalcy is returning to the state.

Seun, reacting on his Twitter page said the government called his sister on Monday threatening to shut down the shrine if he holds the event.

The son of Fela Kuti, who was a part of the End SARS campaign weeks ago said his family had decided to call off the event till further notice.

His tweet read:

“So yesterday the government called my eldest sister @yeniakuti and threatened to close the shrine if I hold my event there tomorrow and also sent a letter to back it up.

” I respect my family’s decision not to hold the event as is, but I will still go ahead with all the others.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Rebecca Ferguson Received Phone Calls After Slamming Actor Who Made Her Cry
Forum | 17 hours ago

Rebecca Ferguson Received Phone Calls After Slamming Actor Who Made Her Cry

No Regret Invading Oyo Govt House - Arrested Yoruba Nation Agitators Say (Photo)
Forum | 17 hours ago

No Regret Invading Oyo Govt House - Arrested Yoruba Nation Agitators Say (Photo)

I
Forum | 19 hours ago

I'm Not Scared - Destiny Etiko Reacts After Two Prophets Warned Her About Some Colleagues’ Plans To End Her Life

Lagos Govt Seek Help In Identifying Woman Assaulting Baby In Viral Video
Forum | 1 day ago

Lagos Govt Seek Help In Identifying Woman Assaulting Baby In Viral Video