Man United Striker Rashford Launches Book CLUB So Every Child Can Read

Forum 3 years ago

Man United Striker Rashford Launches Book CLUB So Every Child Can Read

Manchester United forward Marcus Rashford is launching a book club so that all children can experience the escapism of reading.https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/4f7c426f9a99a5b35773f139acde3f28.jpg

The United and England star is teaming up with Macmillan Children’s Books (MCB) to promote reading and literacy among children from all socio-economic backgrounds.

Rashford says he wishes he had the chance to read more as a child but his family had to prioritise food over books when it came to budgeting.

MCB say there will be a particular focus on getting books into the hands of children from vulnerable and under-privileged backgrounds.

The first title of the partnership,

‘YOU ARE A CHAMPION: Unlock Your Potential, Find Your Voice And Be The BEST You Can Be’ – an illustrated non-fiction title aimed at young people aged 11-16 – will be published in May 2021.

Each chapter will begin with a story from Rashford’s own life and will cover topics such as the value of education, positive mentality, understanding culture, and female role models.

It will be co-created with Carl Anka, a journalist for sports media group The Athletic, and Katie Warriner, a performance psychologist.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Nottingham Forest get Awoniyi’s fitness boost ahead of Sheffield United clash
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Nottingham Forest get Awoniyi’s fitness boost ahead of Sheffield United clash

EPL: They’re quality players – Gallas tells Chelsea to sign Man Utd duo
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: They’re quality players – Gallas tells Chelsea to sign Man Utd duo

Send Warning Of Impending Terror Attacks To Us – Defense Minister, Matawalle Urges United States
Forum | 1 day ago

Send Warning Of Impending Terror Attacks To Us – Defense Minister, Matawalle Urges United States

EPL: I want to win – Bruno Fernandes speaks on leaving Man Utd
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: I want to win – Bruno Fernandes speaks on leaving Man Utd