Man City Handed Boost As Aguero Is Fit For Tottenham Clash

Forum 3 years ago

Man City Handed Boost As Aguero Is Fit For Tottenham Clash

Manchester City could have Sergio Aguero, Fernandinho and Raheem Sterling in the squad for this weekend’s trip to Tottenham as they all battle back to full fitness.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/cc1132b79e74336b12bfbc3505ea0ca3.jpg

Aguero has played just 178 minutes of football in the past four months but is stepping up his recovery from a hamstring injury he suffered in last month’s 1-1 draw at West Ham, which forced him to be substituted at half-time.

The 32-year-old has been training alone but is expected to take part in sessions with the first-team squad this week.

Aguero missed the first five games of the season as he recovered from a knee injury that ruled him out of last season’s Premier League run-in and the Champions League mini-tournament in Portugal in August.

City have been without a recognised striker for much of the campaign with Gabriel Jesus suffering a groin injury in the opening game against Wolves.

Guardiola and Jurgen Klopp were united before the international break that the players needed more protection and that the football schedule should be looked at.

“My business is to protect my players. It’s all I want, to be fit, no injuries. When they arrive to the training sessions, they are exhausted,” the City boss said.

“LeBron James won the NBA title and now he is on holiday for one, two, three months. These guys [footballers] have eight days, two weeks and after games, games, games.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
30-year-old Man Defiles Landlady
Forum | 10 hours ago

30-year-old Man Defiles Landlady's 13-year-old Daughter In Rivers

Your Marriage Is Still One of the Best We’ve Seen So Far - Nigerian Man Praises Adekunle Gold and Simi
Forum | 13 hours ago

Your Marriage Is Still One of the Best We’ve Seen So Far - Nigerian Man Praises Adekunle Gold and Simi

EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race

Monkey Man Digital Release Date Set for Dev Patel Action Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

Monkey Man Digital Release Date Set for Dev Patel Action Movie