Alex Ferguson Gives Verdict On Greatest Player Between Ronaldo And Messi

Forum 3 years ago

Alex Ferguson Gives Verdict On Greatest Player Between Ronaldo And Messi

Former Manchester United boss, Sir Alex Ferguson has added his voice to the debate on who is the greatest footballer between Barcelona ace, Lionel Messi and Juventus’ Cristiano Ronaldo.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/716a416faa54f9aecba5bc977f20664d.jpg

Ferguson pointed out that while Messi can only flourish in Barcelona, Ronaldo can play for any team in the world and remain himself.

Messi and Ronaldo have been compared throughout their careers as fans try to determine who the true greatest of all time is.

Ferguson, who was Ronaldo’s manager during the Portuguese six years at Old Trafford told The Mirror,

“People say who is the best player in the world? And plenty of people quite rightly say Messi – you can’t dispute that opinion.

“But Ronaldo could play for Millwall, Queens Park Rangers, Doncaster Rovers… anyone, and score a hat-trick in a game. I’m not sure Messi could do it.

“Ronaldo’s got two feet, he’s quick, great in the air, he’s brave – Messi’s brave, of course. I think Messi is a Barcelona player.”

The Portugal national team captain played and performed at a world-class level for three separate clubs: Manchester United, Real Madrid and now Juventus, winning top trophies.

Messi, on the other hand, has remained at Barcelona for his entire career although he threatened to leave last summer.

“I think Messi is a Barcelona player but Ronaldo could be playing for Stockport County and he would score a hat-trick. He is brilliant in the air and he has two feet,”

Ferguson added.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Mourinho gives conditions for next managerial job
Forum | 1 day ago

Mourinho gives conditions for next managerial job

EPL: ‘He was outstanding’ – Arteta names player that helped Arsenal beat Wolves
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: ‘He was outstanding’ – Arteta names player that helped Arsenal beat Wolves

Rebecca Ferguson Discusses Mission: Impossible Exit: ‘It Needs to Be Worth It’
Forum | 5 days ago

Rebecca Ferguson Discusses Mission: Impossible Exit: ‘It Needs to Be Worth It’

How AC Explosion Caused The inferno At University Of Ilorin Teaching Hospital – Fire Service Gives Update
Forum | 6 days ago

How AC Explosion Caused The inferno At University Of Ilorin Teaching Hospital – Fire Service Gives Update