There’s No ‘Bloody Musician’ Better Than M.I & Me – Rapper, Jesse Jagz Blows Hot!

Forum 7 years ago

There’s No ‘Bloody Musician’ Better Than M.I & Me – Rapper, Jesse Jagz Blows Hot!

Popular rapper, Jesse Jagz, has openly declared that there’s no rapper in Nigeria that’s better than himself and M.I Abaga, his brother.

Speaking in an exclusive with TheCable News, popular Nigerian rapper and producer, Jesse Jagz, disclosed that there’s no musician in the country that’s better than himself and his brother, M.I Abaga, who is the president of Chocolate City record label.

The gifted rapper who employs the use of wordplay, metaphors and socially conscious lyricism to convey his message in music, was more than enthused to blow the family trumpet, saying;

“Me and M.I combined, there’s no bloody musician, I don’t care who your father is, that can be better combined and artistically”, he said.

The self acclaimed “Supreme Emperor” of Jagz Nation who’s also renowned for his producing skills, stressed that the Abaga brothers are “probably the most artistic and forward thinking musicians” in the country, noting that his style his different from that of his brother.

“How we rap is very different. M.I is very witty on a different level. You want to hear somebody rhyme with eight rhyme patterns, that’s why I’m here. Jagz is the person.”

The rapper who re-signed with Chocolate City in April 2015 after leaving the label in May 2012, has his eyes set on his upcoming album “Nigerian Gangster”, which is a follow-up to the critically acclaimed “Royal Niger Company mixtape.”

Despite categorically affirming his place at the upper echelon of “quality” Nigerian music, Jesse says the likes of Ice Prince, Brymo and Falz, are artistes, whose works, he respects.

He further disclosed that the Nigerian Gangster album will be released in the month of August, barring any unforeseen circumstances.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Jesse Plemons Joined Civil War Cast Days Before Filming His Scene
Forum | 2 days ago

Jesse Plemons Joined Civil War Cast Days Before Filming His Scene

EPL: Guardiola reveals how Arsenal, Liverpool are better than Man City
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Guardiola reveals how Arsenal, Liverpool are better than Man City

The Worst Of Labour Party Is Better Than The Best Of APC - Kenneth Okonkwo
Forum | 1 week ago

The Worst Of Labour Party Is Better Than The Best Of APC - Kenneth Okonkwo