#EndSARS: ‘We All Love You, Please Return To Your Duty Posts’ – Former IGP, Tafa Balogun Begs Police Officers

Forum 3 years ago

#EndSARS: ‘We All Love You, Please Return To Your Duty Posts’ – Former IGP, Tafa Balogun Begs Police Officers

Tafa Balogun, the former IG of Police has pleaded with all police officers to get back to their duty posts.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/495f918b8b3dbd3676a52fcd4128b55c.jpg

This comes after police stations were razed with fierce fire and some policemen killed following the hijacking of EndSARS protests by suspected thugs. The police officers have lost morale to get back to work after the situation has been controlled to a minimum.

In a statement which was released on November 12, Balogun appealed to all officers to return to their duty posts and continue to provide the security the nation needed as their concerns are being addressed by the federal government.

The statement reads;

“I urge all members of the Nigeria Police Force in our country to return to their duty posts and continue to provide the much needed security to our dear country, Nigeria; not minding the recent brutal attacks, arson, and acts of intimidation against the Police.

The Nigeria Police remain the first line of Internal Security as guaranteed by the Nigerian Constitution. Therefore, it behooves all and sundry not to betray the spirit of the Constitution.

I sincerely appeal and urge all my brothers and sisters in the Police Force to put the past behind us as the Federal and State Governments, as well as the police authorities, are positively and aggressively addressing the unprecedented provocative attacks on the police institution. We all love you.

Please, once again, I appeal to all of you to return to duty without further delay.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Imo Police Arrest Kidnap Kingpin, Recover Stolen Vehicle
Forum | 1 day ago

Imo Police Arrest Kidnap Kingpin, Recover Stolen Vehicle

Police Parade Arrested Yoruba Nation Agitators In Oyo
Forum | 1 day ago

Police Parade Arrested Yoruba Nation Agitators In Oyo

APC Chieftain Begs Tinubu to Settle Kwankwaso-Ganduje Feud
Forum | 1 day ago

APC Chieftain Begs Tinubu to Settle Kwankwaso-Ganduje Feud

Velma Season 2 Trailer Previews Return of Mindy Kaling’s Animated Scooby-Doo Series
Forum | 2 days ago

Velma Season 2 Trailer Previews Return of Mindy Kaling’s Animated Scooby-Doo Series