‘Why I Think Banky W Rejected Me Years Ago’- Tiwa Savage Shares Story

Forum 3 years ago

‘Why I Think Banky W Rejected Me Years Ago’- Tiwa Savage Shares Story

Tiwa Savage has revealed that before she achieved this superstardom, she struggled to get a producer and a record label after she returned to Nigeria from abroad.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/69a299a73eb4d8984710ac7e20f8fc7d.jpg

Even more shocking is the fact that Nigeria’s R&B sensation and producer, Banky W refused to sign her when she approached him. According to Tiwa, she felt Banky wanted to concentrate on Niniola at that time, a situation that delayed her breakthrough.

The ‘All Over’ singer said it was Don Jazzy of Marvin Records who saved the day in a fresh interview she granted to BBNaija host, Ebuka Obi-Uchendu.

At the time when I just got back to Nigeria, I approached Banky W to sign me into his music label, but he said No.

I guess because he was about to work with Niniola at the time. I also went to Mohits at that time, and they were working with Muna, so they turned me down and I went back to LA. But I later got back to Nigeria and begged Don Jazzy to sign me into Mavin records and he did. I’m sure EME, other records can see me now.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Nigerian pastor Oluronbi, wife bag 34 years jailterm for raping church members in UK
Forum | 9 mins ago

Nigerian pastor Oluronbi, wife bag 34 years jailterm for raping church members in UK

Court jails two for nine years each over employment fraud in Gombe
Forum | 27 mins ago

Court jails two for nine years each over employment fraud in Gombe

28 Years Later Release Date Set for Zombie Movie Sequel
Forum | 1 day ago

28 Years Later Release Date Set for Zombie Movie Sequel

Frasier Season 2 Filming Begins, Shares Set Video With Kelsey Grammer
Forum | 3 days ago

Frasier Season 2 Filming Begins, Shares Set Video With Kelsey Grammer