Davido and Lil Baby Creates Magic in “So Crazy” – Review

Forum 3 years ago

Davido and Lil Baby Creates Magic in “So Crazy” – Review

Around 6pm on 9th November 2020, Davido dished out his new tune “So Crazy” featuring American rapper and singer, Lil baby.

David Adeleke popularly known as Davido is known for pulling international collaborations for his projects.

As seen in his sophomore album, “A Good Time”, Davido is ganging up with so many international superstars ahead of his incoming third studio album. Off his second project, Davido linked up with Chris Brown, Popcaan,  Summer Walker, Gunna, and  A Boogie wit da Hoodie to attain his one billion streams mark on the album. The AGT album was supported with five singles including “IF” and “Fall” released two years before the album.

So far this year, while we await the release of his highly anticipated third studio album “A Better Time” album, Davido has dished out two singles. The first one “FEM” produced by Speroach beatz was a direct message from the singer to his fans. “FEM”, a simple street slang that means ‘Shut Up’ was released by the afrobeat singer on September 10, 2020.

Two months later, Davido teams up with Atlanta –born American singer and rapper, Dominique Armani Jones popularly known as Lil Baby. The hit track was properly constructed on a well-crafted afrobeat instrumental tagged "So Crazy".  Lil Baby took the first verse just after Davido went through the intro, pre-chorus and the sing along chorus performed by the duo.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/dc41c2862f3c76f46e1a78dc022a4b13.png

I consider this tune groovy, epic and phenomenal. Lil Baby held it down with his verse while Davido ensured the melodies of the song came as clean as possible. This is one of those songs that will go on to bang at clubs, parties and concerts. The pre-chorus is something to memorize easily same as the chorus. I think David just wanted to create something magnificent for his international fans while retaining his African sound.

The lyrics are something to hype. David passed his message without confusing his listeners. The song is about a mysterious girl who has gotten him wrapped up in love. Davido employs Lil Baby to help him announce how ‘crazy’ she makes him feel.

GET >> DAVIDO – “SO CRAZY” FT. LIL BABY

RATING

Lyrics – 4/5

Production – 5/5

Performance – 4/5

AVERAGE RATING – 4/5

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
How My 15-Month-Old Baby Was Burnt To Death — Bereaved Mother Says
Forum | 21 hours ago

How My 15-Month-Old Baby Was Burnt To Death — Bereaved Mother Says