Man United Legend Says Ole Solskjaer Was A Panic Appointment

Forum 3 years ago

Man United Legend Says Ole Solskjaer Was A Panic Appointment

Manchester United’s board of directors “panicked” in appointing Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, according to Paul Ince, who says his old club have lost their fear factor under the current manager.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/10dcf380845e8f22b23347c3c1843767.jpg

Solskjaer brought up his 100th game in charge at Old Trafford on Sunday, but had very little to celebrate by the end of a heavyweight clash with Arsenal.

The Gunners ran out 1-0 winners thanks to a Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang penalty, with the defeat compounding United’s worst start to a top-flight season since David Moyes’ doomed tenure in 2013-14.

Ince thinks United officials jumped the gun by handing Solskjaer a three-year deal, and that teams are now confident of picking up points against the Red Devils both at home and away.

“They’ve been inconsistent for a while now – even before Ole took over,” the former United midfielder told Ladbrokes. “Then they went on that great run and he got the job. It was hard not to give him the job after that run. I do think the board panicked though.

“All the fans were singing his name, ordering the club to give him the job and they did. I think they should’ve waited until the end of the season. Let him have it as interim manager until the end of the season then see who’s out there, who the best man is for the job.

“I’m not saying Ole’s not the best man for the job, and getting that team last season into third place was a great achievement. But I look at United now compared to when I played…

“We had a presence. Teams were frightened of us. We already had teams beat before we walked out onto the pitch. Whether it was home or away, teams were frightened of Manchester United. I don’t see that now.

“Teams look at them and think they can take points from the game. We saw it against Arsenal, where United were woeful. We’ve seen Crystal Palace do it. Something’s not quite right.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
How A 30-Year-Old Man Allegedly Stole N1.2m From Dead Man’s Bank Account In Ibadan
Forum | 17 hours ago

How A 30-Year-Old Man Allegedly Stole N1.2m From Dead Man’s Bank Account In Ibadan

Man Bags Nine Months For Assaulting Lagos Govt Official Who Arrested Him for Failing to Use a Pedestrian Bridge
Forum | 17 hours ago

Man Bags Nine Months For Assaulting Lagos Govt Official Who Arrested Him for Failing to Use a Pedestrian Bridge

NSCDC Arrests 19-year-old Man For R*ping Nine-year-old Girl In Kwara
Forum | 21 hours ago

NSCDC Arrests 19-year-old Man For R*ping Nine-year-old Girl In Kwara

Lady In Shock As Man She Asked On A Date Invites Her To His Wedding
Forum | 23 hours ago

Lady In Shock As Man She Asked On A Date Invites Her To His Wedding