Better to find value in being Nigerian than going international – MI

Forum 7 years ago

Better to find value in being Nigerian than going international – MI

Nigerian rap star, MI, says he is not interested in expanding his music career to the international level as he is more interested in contributing to the growth of the country.

In a chat with Channels TV, Mr. Incredible, as he is fondly called, said unlike other artistes who want to go viral internationally, he thinks differently.

The ‘One Naira’ rapper said, “I am very weird about the international thing. I am not interested at all. I am interested in building in Africa, in Nigeria. The biggest thing we can do internationally is set up our business and our industry here.

“When I joined the industry newly, fans said I should do more international collaborations.

“America is very funny. For you to be successful in America you have to be American. Their culture is so closed and complete. Nobody is going to listen to you talk about Las Gidi or J-Town in America. They want you to talk about 57th Street and New York.

“I don’t want to do that. I want to find value in being Nigerian. I want to find value in my language, neighbourhood and people. I am completely happy here,” he added.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
EPL: Guardiola reveals how Arsenal, Liverpool are better than Man City
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Guardiola reveals how Arsenal, Liverpool are better than Man City

Bundesliga: Leverkusen star, Xhaka lauds Nigerian duo after title success
Forum | 3 days ago

Bundesliga: Leverkusen star, Xhaka lauds Nigerian duo after title success

Nigerian Woman Prepares Perfect Birthday Gift For Her Friend Who Loves To Gossip
Forum | 4 days ago

Nigerian Woman Prepares Perfect Birthday Gift For Her Friend Who Loves To Gossip

Fear Women - Nigerian Man Says As he Declares Girlfriend Wanted For Stealing
Forum | 4 days ago

Fear Women - Nigerian Man Says As he Declares Girlfriend Wanted For Stealing