The Mandalorian: Pedro Pascal Says Baby Yoda Is A Great Scene Partner

Forum 3 years ago

The Mandalorian: Pedro Pascal Says Baby Yoda Is A Great Scene Partner

Pedro Pascal, who stars as Din Djarin on The Mandalorian, stops by Good Morning America to explain that Baby Yoda is a good scene partner.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/e48f2e51b7356ad4cbf2c62e1d088c3e.jpg

The Mandalorians Pedro Pascal says that Baby Yoda is a fantastic scene partner. The Mandalorian is Star Wars' first live-action TV show, and takes place five years after Return of the Jedi. The show released on Disney+ in November of last year, and has quickly garnered both critical and commercial acclaim.

The relationship between Pascal's Din Djarin, aka the Mandalorian, and the Child is one of the highlights of the series. The Mandalorian is originally tasked with finding and retrieving the Child, who's been affectionately christened as "Baby Yoda" by fans. However, the bounty hunter quickly changes his mind. Instead of capturing the Child, the Mandalorian decides to protect him instead. As the two embark on a series of adventures together, the Mandalorian vows to keep the Child safe.

Pascal drops by Good Morning America to reveal that Baby Yoda is great to work with. Pascal says that The Mandalorian's Baby Yoda puppet is incredibly detailed, right down to the "peach fuzz hair" on the ears. Pascal also explains that the special effects team has gone above and beyond with their work. In fact, when he improvised a line on set, the Baby Yoda puppet was able to react to what he said. You can check out Pascal's full quote on Baby Yoda below:

“This baby is beautiful, and the details on the Child are incredible. We’re talking about this adorable peach fuzz hair on the tips of its ears. You’d be surprised, he’s an incredible scene partner. Industrial Light and Magic, the effects team that work the puppet in a scene with me, you wouldn’t believe what they’d be able to do. At one point… I’m not sure if it’ll be in the final cut, but I improvised a line at the start of a scene. Basically, ‘don’t get too close to the fire’, and Baby Yoda, like, turned its head and reacted to me, and like, moved away from that, and that wasn’t even in the writing. So there I am improvising with Baby Yoda!”

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/2b7390b09b5794e56e70e78054de33cd.jpg

Pascal isn't the only one who's been charmed by Baby Yoda, who is easily one of The Mandalorian's biggest breakout stars. Baby Yoda took the Internet by storm when he first made his appearance, and was quickly transformed into a meme by digital netizens. Since then, Baby Yoda has been something of a cash cow for Disney, and his likeness can be found on a variety of Star Wars merchandise, including coffee cups, shirts, and posters. Still, it's easy to see why Baby Yoda has won over an entire generation of fans; he's arguably one of the cutest creatures that can be found in Star Wars lore.

It's no surprise that The Mandalorian has an incredible special effects team; the series took home seven wins at the Primetime Creative Arts Emmy Awards, including the Outstanding Special Visual Effects award. With The Mandalorian's season 2 premiere only days away, there's no telling what amazing visual effects are in store. That being said, fans are more than ready to return to the greater Star Wars universe, as well as see the clan of two back together again.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
How A One-Year-Old Baby Was Burnt In Lagos Community Attack – Police
Forum | 1 day ago

How A One-Year-Old Baby Was Burnt In Lagos Community Attack – Police

The SpongeBob Movie: Search for SquarePants Director Says ‘There Will Be Nudity’ in Animated Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

The SpongeBob Movie: Search for SquarePants Director Says ‘There Will Be Nudity’ in Animated Movie

Video Shows Scene Where Junior Pope Parked His Car Moments Before Tragic Boat Accident
Forum | 3 days ago

Video Shows Scene Where Junior Pope Parked His Car Moments Before Tragic Boat Accident

Lagos Govt Seek Help In Identifying Woman Assaulting Baby In Viral Video
Forum | 3 days ago

Lagos Govt Seek Help In Identifying Woman Assaulting Baby In Viral Video