Arsenal Invincible Lauren Has Said That Ozil’s Omission From Arteta’s 2020/21 PL Squad Is His “Own Fault”

Forum 3 years ago

Arsenal Invincible Lauren Has Said That Ozil’s Omission From Arteta’s 2020/21 PL Squad Is His “Own Fault”

The German World Cup winner was left out of Arsenal’s 25-man squad for this season’s campaign making him, for now, ineligible to feature for the Gunners.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/6147603b29b006d88ebdff7a7eeb7182.jpgOzil has fought his corner, releasing a statement on social media claiming that he is ‘no longer allowed to play for Arsenal’.

He said: “Before the Coronavirus break, I was really happy with the development under our new coach Mikel Arteta we’ve been on a positive way and I would say my performances were on a really good level.”

He continued: “Then things changed, again, and I was no longer allowed to play football for Arsenal.”

But Lauren believes that Ozil is to blame for his slide out of the first team, ultimately resulting in him being snubbed for a spot in Arteta’s Premier League squad.

“It is sad to see,” Lauren told Sky Sports as he shared his thoughts on the news.

“I don’t believe it has just come from now, I believe it came from a while ago with Emery and now Arteta.

“Arteta would love to have the best players in the squad, if Ozil is not there it’s a consequence of many issues.

“First of all it starts with the player. I believe that if you have the quality and if you’re a top player and are not involved week in, week out, I believe that is your own fault.

“If you have the quality of a top player and you are 100% committed in the team they will play you.

“They wouldn’t have any other option. If you are doing everything you should do as a top player it is difficult for a manager and the club to say ‘you’re not going to play’ or ‘you’re not going to be involved in the team’.

He added: “It’s sad for me to say that because I love him, he’s a fantastic player and I would love to see him in the squad giving those passes in the last third, scoring goals, making a difference week in, week out.”

Ozil has not played since March and scored his last goal for Arsenal in February’s win over Newcastle at the Emirates Stadium.

But he has pledged to remain committed to the club, even after being overlooked for a spot in the side.

His statement continued: “London still feels like home, I still have many good friends in this team, and I still feel a strong connection with the fans of this club.

“No matter what, I will keep fighting for my chance an not let my 8th season at Arsenal end like this.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL Title: Arsene Wenger reveals one advantage Arsenal have over Man City
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL Title: Arsene Wenger reveals one advantage Arsenal have over Man City

Invincible Renewed for Seasons 4 & 5
Forum | 3 days ago

Invincible Renewed for Seasons 4 & 5

EPL: It’s not over yet – Declan Rice on title race after Arsenal defeat
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: It’s not over yet – Declan Rice on title race after Arsenal defeat