Juventus Assured That Morata Was Always Their First Choice

Forum 3 years ago

Juventus Assured That Morata Was Always Their First Choice

Fabio Paratici, director of football at Juventus, said the Italian club was clear from the start that Alvaro Morata was their first choice in the summer transfer market.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/18bf3c0097552e04847a28b78e72a3e9.jpgÁlvaro Morata left Atletico Madrid for a second stint with Juventus, with whom he has already scored three goals and one assist in four games. Against Hellas Verona he was left with a sour taste in his mouth after his goal was disallowed.

In an interview with Sky Sport, football director Fabio Paratici explained Juventus’ plans and thoughts on the transfer market with the Madrid striker.

“Morata has always been a primary solution for us from the beginning. There was no approach from Atletico Madrid for a transfer, so we moved on to other players,” he said.

But Juventus never ruled out Morata and when the opportunity presented itself they went for him again: “We were lucky and it was good to get him”.

Atletico ended up giving up because they couldn’t find a way out for Diego Costa who chose to stay on and restore Diego Pablo Simeone’s confidence in him.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Transfer: Juventus line up move for Wilfred Ndidi
Forum | 1 week ago

Transfer: Juventus line up move for Wilfred Ndidi

Manchester United eye Juventus star, prepared to offer Mason Greenwood in player-plus-cash deal
Forum | 4 weeks ago

Manchester United eye Juventus star, prepared to offer Mason Greenwood in player-plus-cash deal

Mr Macaroni Speaks on His Choice of Religion After Practising Both Christianity & Islam, Life After Endsars (Video)
Forum | 1 month ago

Mr Macaroni Speaks on His Choice of Religion After Practising Both Christianity & Islam, Life After Endsars (Video)

I Hope The Women Supporting Her Extend Same Grace When A Single Mom Becomes The Choice Of Affection Of Their Sons - BBNaija
Forum | 1 month ago

I Hope The Women Supporting Her Extend Same Grace When A Single Mom Becomes The Choice Of Affection Of Their Sons - BBNaija's Venita Reacts To Queen's Marriage