Samuel Umtiti Had Talks With Lyon

Forum 3 years ago

Samuel Umtiti Had Talks With Lyon

Samuel Umtiti, Barcelona player, confessed that he had contact with Lyon in the summer, although his exit did not materialise.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/b81def3b4b0a9906d307075b6e868108.jpgIn an interview with ‘Canal+ Francia’, Samuel Umtiti revealed that he could have left Barca in the summer market, something that the club tried to lighten the wage bill unsuccessfully.

The centre-back, who, between injuries and injuries, has not been able to perform at the expected level after his first few seasons, admitted that there were negotiations with his former team.

“There were discussions with Olympique de Lyon during the market, but there was never anything concrete with the club”, Umtiti said.

The defender acknowledged that the French option will always have, at least, the intention of being heard: “Lyon is my team. It is my city. It is the team that has given me the possibility to play in Europe, in Barcelona, and with the French national team”.

Since Umtiti forced his knee to play in the 2018 World Cup, which France won, he has never been the same. He started out at a high level, but numerous injuries to his battered knee have led to him being on the departure door.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Jurassic World: Jonathan Bailey in Talks for Lead Role in 2025 Movie
Forum | 1 week ago

Jurassic World: Jonathan Bailey in Talks for Lead Role in 2025 Movie

Gods Unknown: Keke Palmer in Talks to Lead Action Thriller Movie
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Gods Unknown: Keke Palmer in Talks to Lead Action Thriller Movie

I Don
Forum | 2 weeks ago

I Don't Regard Her - Daniel Regha Talks About Rift With Toyin Abraham