Chelsea Star Defender Ben Chilwell To Miss England’s Clash With Belgium Due To Sickness

Forum 3 years ago

Chelsea Star Defender Ben Chilwell To Miss England’s Clash With Belgium Due To Sickness

Ben Chilwell will miss England’s UEFA Nations League fixture with Belgium on Sunday after his arrival to the squad was delayed further with a non-Covid related illness.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/c05a95f97b63fd28020a099f446a2c96.jpg

Chilwell, along with Tammy Abraham and Jadon Sancho, was barred from entering the England camp with the rest of the squad on Monday, after the trio attended a birthday party in Abraham’s London flat last weekend. The surprise gathering had around 20 guests, and therefore breached the Government’s coronavirus rules.

England manager Gareth Southgate confirmed after the 3-0 friendly victory over Wales that the three players would be recalled depending on them passing a UEFA-mandated coronavirus test on Friday.

Abraham and Sancho have undergone the test but Chilwell is yet to join up with the squad as he recovers from a non-Covid related illness.

Southgate and FA officials will decide in the coming days if Chilwell is well enough to join the camp in time to play against Denmark on Wednesday, live on Sky Sports, at which point he would undergo further coronavirus testing.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Transfer: Dewsbury-Hall gives Chelsea green light after Brighton deal collapsed
Forum | 9 hours ago

Transfer: Dewsbury-Hall gives Chelsea green light after Brighton deal collapsed

Clear Cut Trailer: Alec Baldwin & Clive Standen Star in Lionsgate Action Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

Clear Cut Trailer: Alec Baldwin & Clive Standen Star in Lionsgate Action Movie

The Walking Dead Star Andrew Lincoln to Star in Thriller Series Cold Water
Forum | 1 day ago

The Walking Dead Star Andrew Lincoln to Star in Thriller Series Cold Water