ALBUM REVIEW: Olamide - "Carpe Diem"

Forum 3 years ago

ALBUM REVIEW: Olamide - "Carpe Diem"

Legendary Nigerian rapper, Olamide employs Fireboy DML, Omah Lay, Peruzzi, Phyno, and BadBoyTimz in "Carpe Diem" album. Olamide Adedeji popularly known as Olamide or Badoo finally dishes out his eleventh studio project. The singer, songwriter, and indigenous rapper present a sultry album tagged "Carpe Dem".

The 12-track album featuring his rapper friend (Phyno), label mate (Fireboy DML), Peruzzi, and a bunch of new acts is Olamide's way of reclaiming his spot in the game.

"Carpe Diem" produced by P.Priime, Pheelz, ID Cabasa, Vstix, and Young John is Olamide's second project in 2020. "Carpe Diem" is a Latin word that translates to 'Seize the day'. It is deployed when urging someone to maximize their day and make the best out of their present situation.

Here is our honest review of Olamide's recent project "Carpe Diem".

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/a35bd7a3f43351e90a07a1a66638ccb9.jpg

• The first track "Another Level" reminds us of Olamide's "Wavy Level" track released in 2017. P.Priime does an awesome job on this one. He gave us a brilliant tune with lovable drums. This is actually the best song to be used as an Intro for this album.

• "Green Light" introduces us to a different Olamide. The YBNL boss raps and sings for his mysterious lady pleading for the green light for whatever he wants to do. It is one of the few singles on this album.

• Finally, an Olamide and Omah Lay collaboration is here. The Yoruba indigenous rapper links up with emerging artists and 'Bad Influence' crooner in "Infinity". As expected, the Omah Lay and Olamide collaboration is already a hit before it's release. The slow-paced jam is spiritual with Omah Lay's sexy vocals making it even better.

• Olamide is back with another street vibe. "Eru" produced by P priime slaps hard. The melody is top-notch, to say the least. This is the second single on this album.

• I felt calm when listening to this one. Pheelz and Olamide have some chemistry we can't explain. Bella Shmurda comes through with another Olamide collabo in "Triumphant". This will most definitely go on to inspire a whole lot of kids on the street. It's a powerful song.

• You will actually love "At Your Service" by Olamide for its eccentric nature. It's indeed beautiful having an alpha male like Olamide declare his love and loyalty for a woman. This jam will give you a different

• An Olamide project without a street banger is incomplete I believe. The YBNL boss drops some street-heavy language on this high tempo lamba track tagged "Do Better". He actually sounded a lot like Lil Kesh in this one.

• "Chimichanga" by Olamide is a normal sound. Though it still bangs hard, it's a regular tune from the rapper and didn't really get to me as I expected something different.

• Adedeji and Chibuzor links up again. The Phyno and Olamide Igbo-Yoruba bro-ship is enviable. The two kings infuse Igbo yet again in this new track "Shilalo".

• BadBoyTimz joins Olamide in this South-African flavoured pop sound titled "Loading". Personally, I think this jam is the hottest track off this project.

• "Unconditionally" features DMW vibe machine, Peruzzi who brought in the billion-dollar melodies to compliment Olamide's masculine rap vocals.

• After teaming up with Fireboy DML in 'Afar' off "Apollo" album, the youngster returns the favour in a Pheelz produced track tagged "Plenty".

RATING

Lyrics - 4/5

Production -5/5

Performances - 4/5

AVERAGE RATING - 4/5

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Cynthia Morgan recalls how Olamide gifted her N1M, appreciates singer
Forum | 1 week ago

Cynthia Morgan recalls how Olamide gifted her N1M, appreciates singer

Olamide Has Helped Me More Than My Mother – Bella Shmurda
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Olamide Has Helped Me More Than My Mother – Bella Shmurda

Olamide is Successful Internationally And Still Supports African Music Awards – Bella Shmurda
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Olamide is Successful Internationally And Still Supports African Music Awards – Bella Shmurda

How I Delayed My Debut Album Because of Tems – Tyla
Forum | 3 weeks ago

How I Delayed My Debut Album Because of Tems – Tyla