It Took 7 Months For Arsenal To Sign Thomas Partey – Edu

Forum 3 years ago

It Took 7 Months For Arsenal To Sign Thomas Partey – Edu

Arsenal’s technical director Edu has revealed the club’s Deadline Day signing of Thomas Partey was the culmination of a long-term recruitment plan.https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/95bdd1d531d3bd0ccefeb350934f77b1.jpg

Arsenal signed the Ghana international from Atletico Madrid on Monday after meeting his £45m release clause on the final day of the summer window.

Edu confirmed Partey was a target for Arsenal when they first drew up their recruitment plan at the beginning of the year.

“One day I would like to show the fans how we work, or how we worked, because if you saw my plan six or seven months ago when I did it with Mikel (Arteta), Thomas was there already,” he told the club’s website.

“So you see how many months we had to try to find the right player for the club.

“So many things to do, so many meetings, we had to see how we were going to buy the player, if we had the financial situation to buy the player, the legal process, the financial process, talk to the player, talk to the agent, so there are a lot of things around this but in the end we did it!”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: ‘He was outstanding’ – Arteta names player that helped Arsenal beat Wolves
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: ‘He was outstanding’ – Arteta names player that helped Arsenal beat Wolves

SPORT 20 mins ago EPL: Arsenal go top with 2-0 win at Wolves
Forum | 2 days ago

SPORT 20 mins ago EPL: Arsenal go top with 2-0 win at Wolves

Furiosa Features 15-Minute Long Action Sequence That Took 78 Days to Shoot
Forum | 2 days ago

Furiosa Features 15-Minute Long Action Sequence That Took 78 Days to Shoot

Wife In Pain as Cheating Husband Infects Her With HIV Five Months After Marriage
Forum | 3 days ago

Wife In Pain as Cheating Husband Infects Her With HIV Five Months After Marriage