Biography, Career & Net Worth Of Pete Edochie

Forum 3 years ago

Biography, Career & Net Worth Of Pete Edochie

Chief Pete Edochie, MON is a Nigerian actor. Edochie is considered one of Africa’s most talented actors, being honored with an Industry Merit Award by Africa Magic and Lifetime Achievement by Africa .

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/e5bb8ba3eeadccf2fea9f2c44fe602a2.jpg

Pete Edochie Early Life

Pete Edochie was born on March 7, 1947 in Enugu, Nigeria. He hails from Anambra State, but was raised in Zaria, Kaduna. He began his primary education at St. Patrick’s and St. James Primary School, Zaria. And then proceeded to St. John’s College for secondary education. Subsequently, Edochie attended the School of Journalism and Television in England and also did some courses overseas.

After secondary school, before moving to England to study, Edochie worked with Nigerian Railway Corporation. Then after school, he got into broadcasting in 1967.

He began his career at 20 when he got into the broadcasting corporation. He started as a junior program assistant and rose to the position of director where he acted in different directorial capacities. However, he left the radio station and joined Nollywood because the government decided to politicise the affairs of the radio station.

Acting Career

Pete already featured in Things fall apart, and had even won international award and recognition before his enrollment into Nollywood.

The first time he went on stage was in 1962 at age 15 when he was a student at St. John’s College. He featured in the drama; Merchant of Venice by William Shakespeare.

Thereafter, Edochie came into limelight after playing a leading role, Okonkwo in the 1980s NTA adaptation of Chinua Achebe’s Things Fall Apart.

As a result, BBC came to Nigeria to interview him, and he also got some international recognition. Edochie has also gone on to feature in movies such as Oduduwa (2000), Battle Line (2002), Rejection Son (2003), Set Up, Lost Kingdom, e.t.c.

Pete Personal Life

Pete got married to Josephine Edochie at age 22, and the union is blessed with six children: 5 boys and 1 girl. Two of his sons; Linc and Yul Edochie are popular because they are also professional actors in the industry.

Movie

He has starred in hundreds of movies, some of them include;

• Rituals, 1998

• Oracle, 1998

• Full Moon, 1998

• Narrow Escape, 1999

• Lost Kingdom, 1999

• Chain Reaction, 1999

• Oduduwa, 2000

• Set-Up, 2000

• Zoza, 2006

• Holy Ghost Fire, 2001

• Light and Darkness, 2001

• My Love, 2002

• Battle Line, 2002

• Egg of Life, 2003

• Above Death: In God We Trust, 2003

• Billionaires Club, 2003

• Love And Politics, 2003

• Super Love, 2003

• St. Michael, 2004

• Dog Meeting, 2004

• My Desire, 2004

• Private Affairs, 2004

• No More War, 2005

• The Tyrant, 2005

• Price of Ignorance, 2005

• Return of the Princess, 2005

• Speak the Word, 2006

• Simple Baby, 2006

• Broken Curse, 2006

• Divided Secret, 2006

• Fair Game, 2006

• Try & See, 2007

• Evil Agenda, 2007

• My Beloved Soon, 2007

• Sunny My Sun, 2007

• Greatest Harvest, 2007

• Tears of Sacrifice, 2007

• Tiger King, 2008

• Test Your Heart, 2008

• Naked Wrestler, 2008

• The Superstar, 2008

• Idemili, 2014

• Mummy Why, 2016

• Lion Heart, 2018

• Trials of Ma’Pe, 2018

• Night bus to Lagos, 2019

• Foreigners God, 2019

Pete Edochie Awards

Veteran Actor Edochie is an award-winning actor. He has received recognition both locally and internationally. For instance, he was inducted into the hall of fame in 2003 shortly before he was honored as a Member of the Order of Nigeria. His other awards include;

• Movie Personality of the Year, City People Magazine, 1999

• Best Actor in Africa, Censors’ Board, 2001

• Best Actor in Nigeria, Censors’ Board, 2003

• Member of the Order of the NigerFormer President Olusegun Obasanjo2003

• Special Recognition Award, Best of Nollywood (BON), along with Lanre Hassan (Iya Awero), Former Governor Emmanuel Udaghan, 2013

• Lifetime Achievement Award, Africa Movie Academy Awards, 2013

• Industry Merit Award, Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards, 2014

• Life Impact Awards, Times Heroes Awards, 2017

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/72dd1e2e3c80b90121428c6f9b5ce180.jpeg

Pete Edochie Net Worth

Edochie’s net worth is estimated at $3.8 million. Till date, Edochie has remained one of the most influential and richest actors in Nigeria.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Police Officers Arrested With Illicit Drugs Worth ₦20 Million
Forum | 10 hours ago

Police Officers Arrested With Illicit Drugs Worth ₦20 Million

Peter Obi And I Never Believed in Labour Party Ideologies — Doyin Okupe
Forum | 2 days ago

Peter Obi And I Never Believed in Labour Party Ideologies — Doyin Okupe

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge
Forum | 5 days ago

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge

Peter Obi Is Not Mixing Politics With Religion, Says Media Aide
Forum | 5 days ago

Peter Obi Is Not Mixing Politics With Religion, Says Media Aide