Jo Cox Murder Suspect Tells Court "My Name Is Death To Traitors, Freedom For Britain"

Forum 7 years ago

Jo Cox Murder Suspect Tells Court "My Name Is Death To Traitors, Freedom For Britain"

The man accused of murdering MP Jo Cox appeared in court this morning. When asked of his name, he told the court "my name is death to traitors, freedom for Britain".

Mrs Cox, 41, was attacked in the street outside her constituency surgery in Birstall, near Leeds, at lunchtime on Thursday.

Tommy Mair appeared at Westminster Magistrates Court charged with her murder.

He appeared in the dock behind reinforced glass and flanked by two security guards when he spoke only when asked to confirm his name.

When he was asked the question again, he repeated a second time: "My name is death to traitors, freedom for Britain".

He said nothing when asked his address and date of birth.

Mair's lawyer Keith Allen later confirmed the defendant's name to the court.

The hearing lasted around 15 minutes and Mair was remanded in custody to appear again at a later date.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
One Suspect Dies, Two Others Arrested As Fleeing Armed Robbers Crash Stolen Vehicle After Stabbing Driver In Adamawa
Forum | 2 hours ago

One Suspect Dies, Two Others Arrested As Fleeing Armed Robbers Crash Stolen Vehicle After Stabbing Driver In Adamawa

Suspected Herdsmen Kill PDP Chieftain, Kidnap Two Others In Delta Community
Forum | 2 hours ago

Suspected Herdsmen Kill PDP Chieftain, Kidnap Two Others In Delta Community

Missing UniAbuja Female Student Burnt To Death In Auto Crash – Family
Forum | 2 hours ago

Missing UniAbuja Female Student Burnt To Death In Auto Crash – Family

The Bikeriders Poster Shows Freedom Is for the Fearless in Tom Hardy Movie
Forum | 20 hours ago

The Bikeriders Poster Shows Freedom Is for the Fearless in Tom Hardy Movie