Here’s How Veteran Actor, RMD Reacted To Police Brutality In Nigeria

Forum 3 years ago

Here’s How Veteran Actor, RMD Reacted To Police Brutality In Nigeria

Veteran Nollywood actor, Richard Mofe-Damijo who is known as RMD for short has also reacted to the police brutality in Nigeria.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/c2b7589f66526bb899c64c7838330da8.jpg

He reacted to this in a recent social media post on his Instagram handle and he wrote;

“When you hear it’s a BAN, not an END and you have questions like….

What are the implications of a ban as opposed to an end?
What are the measures put in place to ensure total & immediate adherence by SARS?
What are the measures in place to prevent an onslaught from aggrieved men of the “now banned SARS” on innocent citizens?

If there are indeed measures in place, are they transparent & measurable so that the citizens can monitor, verify & report? or is this another veiled attempt at pretending that the FG cares.
I ask because I worry. I worry for young people who live in trepidation daily, not for fear of attack by hoodlums but fear of attack by the very ones mandated to serve and protect. Nobody deserves to be brutalised by SARS, Police or Army. One of my biggest concerns is that @PoliceNG will ban SARS in the media and look away as the banned operate covertly.

We don’t want a ban, we want an immediate end!!! An immediate recall, disarming and disassembling of the unit!!!! We also do not want the return of SARS in a different guise or under another name! An END should be an END!!!! Hopefully the FG will shock us this time and #EndSars for good. -RMD.#EndSARS #EndSARSBrutality #EndSarsNow #EndNOTBan”

See Post Below:

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/a5a162f5ba832147c0a6f58bb5d53c5e.jpg

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Why Nigeria Needs Parliamentary System Of Govt – Peter Obi
Forum | 1 day ago

Why Nigeria Needs Parliamentary System Of Govt – Peter Obi

Nigerian Man Arrested For Being In Possession Of Fake Naira Notes
Forum | 1 day ago

Nigerian Man Arrested For Being In Possession Of Fake Naira Notes

How Police Foiled Cable Theft, Nabbed One Suspect In Katsina
Forum | 1 day ago

How Police Foiled Cable Theft, Nabbed One Suspect In Katsina