Ole Gunnar Solskjaer Gives His View On Mason Greenwood’s England Axe

Forum 3 years ago

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer Gives His View On Mason Greenwood’s England Axe

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says he understands why England boss Gareth Southgate left Mason Greenwood out of his latest squad.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/380100b5af6e89d8e102301d71385f75.jpgManchester United forward Greenwood was sent home in disgrace, along with Manchester City midfielder team-mate Phil Foden, for breaking strict Covid-19 protocols at the England team hotel in Iceland last month.

The pair invited two women into the team hotel, following England’s 1-0 Nations League win over Iceland, and were sent home when their actions came to light the following morning.

Southgate omitted the pair from his latest squad, with United boss Solskjaer – who spoke with the England boss this week – acknowledging the decision to leave him out will ultimately benefit Greenwood.

“Mason is one of the top strikers of the future for England and I’m sure he’s going to play many games for England,” said Solskjaer.

“This now has been a learning curve for him, Mason has to reflect on where he’s at, what he needs to do and how to get where he wants to get.

“I had a very nice chat with Gareth about our England players and it’s important, at this time, for players to get some minutes.

“We’ll get loads of training in for Mason, and I respect Gareth’s decision.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Mourinho gives conditions for next managerial job
Forum | 17 hours ago

Mourinho gives conditions for next managerial job

Golden Axe Animated Series Ordered at Comedy Central
Forum | 5 days ago

Golden Axe Animated Series Ordered at Comedy Central

How AC Explosion Caused The inferno At University Of Ilorin Teaching Hospital – Fire Service Gives Update
Forum | 6 days ago

How AC Explosion Caused The inferno At University Of Ilorin Teaching Hospital – Fire Service Gives Update

Chichi Overjoyed as Cardi B Gives Her Shout-out For the Second Time
Forum | 6 days ago

Chichi Overjoyed as Cardi B Gives Her Shout-out For the Second Time