Paul Pogba Is Trying To Help Manchester United Sign Ousmane Dembele

Forum 3 years ago

Paul Pogba Is Trying To Help Manchester United Sign Ousmane Dembele

Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba is putting in the groundwork to try and convince Ousmane Dembele to join Manchester United from Barcelona.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/47a09bc4bafdd85b85aa5d70c65becba.jpgThe Red Devils are desperate for a right winger and see Dembele as the ideal alternative to Jadon Sancho.

United had an initial £91million bid for Sancho rejected earlier this week.

The German side are standing firm on their £108m valuation and are unlikely to change their stance.

That has led to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side looking at a list of alternatives and talks have begun with Barcelona for Dembele.

The 23-year-old has struggled to have a solid run in the team since joining Barcelona from Dortmund in 2017.

In order to make the France squad for next summer’s Euros, the attacker may have to move on in pursuit of regular football.

And Pogba wants his fellow countryman at Old Trafford and has made a phone call to try and make it happen.

Spanish publication Mundo Deportivo claims the pair have spoken and Pogba has set out United’s stall.

The ex-Juventus ace believes Dembele is the missing piece to Ole Gunnar Solskajer’s transfer puzzle.

Barcelona have yet to receive an offer for the Frenchman but they would be open to doing deal.

Meanwhile, former United midfielder Darren Fletcher has warned that signing Dembele comes with a huge risk.

“I think Ousmane Dembele’s a right winger, a position they are finally identifying,” Fletcher said.

“It comes with its risks his injury record is not great over the last few seasons I think he only made five league appearances last season, but he’s a talented player.

“Barcelona purchased him for £100m or something like that. I think a loan deal would suit United, and probably both parties, I think he needs a fresh challenge, coming to a massive club like Manchester United

“It’s a chance to showcase himself, get opportunities, get fit and potentially look for a transfer down the line, but I wouldn’t say they’ve got to sign him because of his injury record, and he has tendencies to be late a lot of the time judging by reports.

“United should give him the opportunity to showcase himself and be the player everyone thought he was gonna become.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Governor Ododo Didn’t Help Yahaya Bello Escape EFCC Arrest — Commissioner, Fanwo
Forum | 1 day ago

Governor Ododo Didn’t Help Yahaya Bello Escape EFCC Arrest — Commissioner, Fanwo

How A Ghanaian Man Was Nabbed For Trying To Sneak Into London-Bound Airplane
Forum | 2 days ago

How A Ghanaian Man Was Nabbed For Trying To Sneak Into London-Bound Airplane

Tragedy As Father Slumps And Dies While Trying To Bail Sons At Police Station
Forum | 2 days ago

Tragedy As Father Slumps And Dies While Trying To Bail Sons At Police Station

Paul Okoye Laments Struggle Of Doing Household Chores Without Maids Abroad
Forum | 2 days ago

Paul Okoye Laments Struggle Of Doing Household Chores Without Maids Abroad