Cyclops Actor On Possible Recasting For MCU X-Men Movies

Forum 3 years ago

Cyclops Actor On Possible Recasting For MCU X-Men Movies

Tye Sheridan, who played Scott Summers (aka Cyclops) in two of Fox's X-Men films, comments on the possible recasting of his character for the MCU. Starting with 2011's X-Men: First Class, Fox sought to reboot their franchise by creating stories centered on younger versions of characters like Professor X (James McAvoy) and Magneto (Michael Fassbender). Sheridan joined the X-Men series for 2016's misfire, X-Men: Apocalypse, before reprising his role in last year's Dark Phoenix. Any future plans for Sheridan's Cyclops, as well as the other young X-Men characters like Jean Grey (Sophie Turner) and Storm (Alexandra Shipp), has been put into question by the Disney-Fox merger.

As a result of the merger, the X-Men rights have been restored to Marvel Studios. This means mutants can finally be used within the MCU, something fans have long dreamt of. At San Diego Comic-Con in 2019, Marvel boss Kevin Feige confirmed there are plans to bring the X-Men into the ever-expanding universe. Since then, however, Marvel has remained mum on how they intend to do so. So far, nothing official has been announced, though many suspect a mutant introduction is already in the works.

Sheridan recently sat down with ComicBook.com to discuss his new Quibi series Wireless, though conversation inevitably strayed to X-Men. When it comes to a possible Cyclops recasting, Sheridan insisted he would be satisfied whether he gets invited back or not. "I think it depends a lot on the circumstances and the situation, who's involved, and, but of course, I think that the X-Men stands for something that's really meaningful, you know?" he said. Sheridan explained there's a lot about the X-Men that still resonates today, and that, "as long as we were staying in that realm, you know, of course, I would be open to working and reprising my role further."https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/0e15fd6ef1455823b4d1f84c4f32a693.jpg

However, should Marvel choose to go in a different direction with their Cyclops, he'll be okay. "No one really owns those characters right?" Sheridan pointed out, referencing the way he took over from previous Scott Summers actor James Marsden. Sheridan concluded by saying, "I don't think I would feel weird, you know, as long as it... I think they're doing, the cast is doing, the story justice and they're doing the X-Men world justice." Clearly, if Feige and the rest decide to recast Cyclops for the MCU, there won't be any hard feelings between Sheridan and the new performer.

At the present moment, however, Marvel's plans for the X-Men aren't clear just yet. There are many characters fans assume will make appearances, from Wolverine to, yes, Cyclops, but nothing has been confirmed. As a result, fans have been left to conduct numerous theories about how mutants will make their way into the world, whether it's through the multiverse or some other kind of event. Hopefully, Marvel will find a creative way to use the X-Men, thus making these new iterations stand apart from Fox's. At the very least, they should make their timeline a little less confusing. Fans would likely thank them for that.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
I Was With Him During His Final Moments - Actor Onny Michael Fires Back At Those Who Attacked Him For Not Mourning Junior Pope
Forum | 13 hours ago

I Was With Him During His Final Moments - Actor Onny Michael Fires Back At Those Who Attacked Him For Not Mourning Junior Pope

The Fantastic Four: Joseph Quinn Teases ‘Compelling’ & ‘Brilliant’ MCU Reboot
Forum | 1 day ago

The Fantastic Four: Joseph Quinn Teases ‘Compelling’ & ‘Brilliant’ MCU Reboot

Michael Douglas Wanted Hank Pym’s MCU Death in Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania
Forum | 1 day ago

Michael Douglas Wanted Hank Pym’s MCU Death in Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania

Stop Sharing Videos of Dead Colleagues Like Junior Pope - Actor Oloketuyi Warns Colleagues
Forum | 3 days ago

Stop Sharing Videos of Dead Colleagues Like Junior Pope - Actor Oloketuyi Warns Colleagues