Do You Agree? Nigeria Will Move Forward If Constitution Is Reviewed – Afenifere

Forum 3 years ago

Do You Agree? Nigeria Will Move Forward If Constitution Is Reviewed – Afenifere

The pan-Yoruba socio-political organisation, Afenifere on Wednesday, said there is still hope for Nigeria as it attains 60 years of Independence.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/72ecda5f70169ae1ede3323b5c51e84e.jpg

The National Publicity Secretary of Afenifere, Mr Yinka Odumakin, said this during an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Wednesday in Lagos.

Odumakin said that Nigeria would move forward to fulfill the dreams of its founding fathers if the constitution is reviewed to reflect the will and wishes of the federating units.

He said that there was the need to separate good governance from politics.

“We need a constitution that can put us together well, take us to the land of opportunities and ensure equality, fairness and justice for every section.

“We need a constitution that can make all federating units proud of the nation. We must go back to true federalism.

“We must ensure that we separate politics from governance,” Odumakin said.

The Afenifere spokesman added that the country will also move forward if the citizens would do the right things.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Most Hit Songs in Nigeria Are Not Good Music – Singer Ric Hassani
Forum | 1 day ago

Most Hit Songs in Nigeria Are Not Good Music – Singer Ric Hassani

Nigerians Don’t Deserve Me – Rapper, Vic O Says As He Quits Music
Forum | 2 days ago

Nigerians Don’t Deserve Me – Rapper, Vic O Says As He Quits Music

Nigerian Govt Places Ex-Kogi Governor, Yahaya Bello on Watchlist
Forum | 2 days ago

Nigerian Govt Places Ex-Kogi Governor, Yahaya Bello on Watchlist

Nigerian Army Troops Foil Kidnap Attempt, Neutralize Notorious Terrorist In Taraba
Forum | 3 days ago

Nigerian Army Troops Foil Kidnap Attempt, Neutralize Notorious Terrorist In Taraba