October 1: Sowore Challenges Burna Boy To Join RevolutionNow Protest

Forum 3 years ago

October 1: Sowore Challenges Burna Boy To Join RevolutionNow Protest

Sahara Reporters publisher Omoyele Sowore has called on singer Burna Boy to join the #RevolutionNow protest planned for October 1.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/195a98f843c8ac46021abd541483aa38.jpg

Sowore made the call in a message he shared on social media on Tuesday.

According to the former presidential candidate, many describe Burna Boy as a revolutionary musician and he has been likened to the late afrobeat legend Fela Kuti.

Questioning the musician’s activism, Sowore wrote

“I am yet to see you lead anyone to a police station carrying a coffin for head of state!”

Sowore leads a group known as Coalition for Revolution (CORE), organisers of #RevolutionNow protest.

The first protest was staged in August 5, 2019 and the second edition on the same date in 2020.

The October 1 protest is planned to hold in all 36 states across Nigeria as well as in London, Sweden, Netherlands, San Francisco, New York, Washington DC, Germany and Canada.

Burna Boy had not responded to Sowore’s invitation as at the time of filing this report.

The musician has, whoever, said he does not feel good about comparison to Fela.

“I don’t think anybody in their right mind would compare me to Fela.

“Fela is my inspiration and my childhood hero, so if you think comparing me to Fela is honourable, it’s actually not.

“It actually makes me feel weird. Fela was Fela, and if it wasn’t for Fela, there probably wouldn’t be any me, so I don’t understand the comparison,” Igbere TV reports that the Grammy nominee said in a GQ interview earlier in the year.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Orphan: Dulé Hill and Sarayu Blue Join Hulu Limited Series
Forum | 20 hours ago

Orphan: Dulé Hill and Sarayu Blue Join Hulu Limited Series

Transfer: Crystal Palace join Raphael Onyedika chase
Forum | 20 hours ago

Transfer: Crystal Palace join Raphael Onyedika chase

Boy Kills World: Bill Skarsgård Engages in a Gun Fight in New Clip
Forum | 1 day ago

Boy Kills World: Bill Skarsgård Engages in a Gun Fight in New Clip

Five-Year-Old Boy Falls From Fence To His Death While Playing With His Friends In Lagos
Forum | 2 days ago

Five-Year-Old Boy Falls From Fence To His Death While Playing With His Friends In Lagos