NCDC Warns Against Coronavirus Resurgence, Explosion In Nigeria

Forum 3 years ago

NCDC Warns Against Coronavirus Resurgence, Explosion In Nigeria

The Nigerian Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has warned against another COVID-19 explosion in the country, following deliberate refusal by some states to carry out adequate testing.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/eb725f00858452dce1082cbb05e3f6be.png

NCDC’s Director-General, Dr.

Chikwe Ihekweazu, stated this while appearing on Arise TV.

Ihekweazu noted that some states were unable to ascertain the number of COVID-19 cases in their domain.

He, however, expressed delight that NCDC can establish that fewer cases were being reported than it was in the last six months, adding that he was especially impressed about the progress made in a few states, especially Lagos.

The NCDC boss, however, said many states are not learning from others and so are not testing enough and not finding enough.

“I am very worried that we might find an explosion in those states, which would then affect the rest of the country again,”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Most Hit Songs in Nigeria Are Not Good Music – Singer Ric Hassani
Forum | 3 hours ago

Most Hit Songs in Nigeria Are Not Good Music – Singer Ric Hassani

Don’t Give Admission to Candidates Less Than 18 Years – FG Warns Tertiary Institutions
Forum | 5 hours ago

Don’t Give Admission to Candidates Less Than 18 Years – FG Warns Tertiary Institutions

Nigerians Don’t Deserve Me – Rapper, Vic O Says As He Quits Music
Forum | 1 day ago

Nigerians Don’t Deserve Me – Rapper, Vic O Says As He Quits Music

Nigerian Govt Places Ex-Kogi Governor, Yahaya Bello on Watchlist
Forum | 2 days ago

Nigerian Govt Places Ex-Kogi Governor, Yahaya Bello on Watchlist