CONGRATS!! Wolverhampton Wanderers’ Traore Earns His First Senior Mali Call-up

Forum 3 years ago

CONGRATS!! Wolverhampton Wanderers’ Traore Earns His First Senior Mali Call-up

Wolverhampton Wanderers star Adama Traore has been included in Mali’s senior squad for the first time, but the player is yet to make a decision on his international future.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/993e2e59d8da864f0aa45b220dd9a660.png

Mohamed Magassouba revealed his selection for October’s international friendly against Ghana and Iran with the jet-heeled 24-year-old making the cut.

Red-hot FC Porto forward Moussa Marega, Southampton’s Moussa Djenepo as well as Everton’s Abdoulaye Doucoure were also among the 31-man squad announced on Monday.

Also earning a maiden Mali call-up is Everton new signing Abdoulaye Doucoure who had represented France at the U17, U18, U19, U20 and U21 levels.

The 27-year-old joined Carlos Ancelotti’s men from Watford for an undisclosed fee believed to be in the region of £20m.

Traore had looked set to commit his international future to Spain after he was named by Luis Enrique in August for the Uefa Nations League matches against Germany and Ukraine. However, he pulled out after testing positive for the coronavirus.

In January, he stated that he has not decided on his international future but will be open to representing any of the countries.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Friendly: Super Eagles played well despite defeat to Mali – Finidi
Forum | 3 weeks ago

Friendly: Super Eagles played well despite defeat to Mali – Finidi

Mali breaks Super Eagles’ eight-game unbeaten run after victory in Marrakech
Forum | 3 weeks ago

Mali breaks Super Eagles’ eight-game unbeaten run after victory in Marrakech

Friendly: Why I snubbed Bissouma for game against Nigeria – Mali coach opens up
Forum | 3 weeks ago

Friendly: Why I snubbed Bissouma for game against Nigeria – Mali coach opens up