He made Anambra to go on a realistic journey to sustainable development. This is an indisputable fact.
A good leader is God Sent and the good people of Adamawa State believe that indeed God has chosen Governor Fintiri to lead them to the glorious state of their dreams. Without doubt, he will overcome the challenges of the few anti-development elements, still lurking around and firing their now very few cylinders to dissuade him. But from what we know about this man Fintiri, he is unshakable!
It would be so bad to be heard to say that you know about someone without knowing his biography.
Ahmadu Umaru Biography
He was born on October 27th, 1967 to the family of Alhaji Umar Madami at Magadali, Adamawa state. His father is a soldier and he has five siblings.
He had his primary education at Central primary school, Gulak and then his secondary education at Government Day school, Gulak and Government secondary school, Michika. He then proceeded to University of Maiduguri to study History between the period of 1988 to 1992 and then PGD policy and strategic studies in 2004 at the same University.
He is the current governor of Adamawa State. He was a member of the Adamawa State House of Assembly, and was appointed the Speaker of the House. He became the acting Governor of Adamawa State Nigeria, following the impeachment of admiral Murtala Nyako in July 2014, handing later to Bala James Ngilari after serving for three months.
On March 9, 2019 he won Adamawa State Governorship Election and upon the completion of March 28, 2019 Adamawa State supplementary election, Ahmad was declared winner of the Election having polled 376,552 votes defeating the Incumbent governor Bindo Jibrilla of the All Progressive Congress who polled 336,386 votes.
He is married to Hajia Lami Fintiri and blessed with children.
Positions/ Offices held
• Acting governor of Adamawa State from January to February 2012
• Minority whip from June 2007 to February 2011
• Deputy speaker from 8th of February 2012 to 6th of June, 2011
• Majority leader from June 2011 to 5th of December, 2011
• Speaker from July 26th 2014 to 16th of July, 2014
Unions, clubs or associations
• Deputy Chairman of North East
• House of assembly of Nigeria
• University of Maiduguri Alumni association
• Board member Gymnastics association of Nigeria
• Member history of society of Nigeria
• Conference of speaker state
• Member Commonwealth parliamentary association, both regional and international body.
• Africa Leadership Merit Award
• Ambassador of peace award by Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), youth wing in 2010
• Voice of confidence motion for excellent leadership twice in 2013 by Adamawa State of assembly.
He is a keen sportsman and he also loves reading, research and traveling.
Not Yet Available