Nigerian Singer Tems Biography & Net Worth (See Details)

Forum 3 years ago

Nigerian Singer Tems Biography & Net Worth (See Details)

Temilade Openiyi, known as Tems, is a Nigerian alt-R&B singer, songwriter and record producer.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/f58b9b7559319ce322fa136797ce8d7b.jpg

Tems Biography

Temilade Openiyi, popularly known as Tems was born on the 11th of June, 1995, in Lagos, into a family of a Nigerian mum and British father. Her father left her mum when she was 5, so she was raised by her single mum. After her primary education which she did in Lagos, she moved to Dowen College in Lekki. She later moved to Johannesburg to study Economics at a South African university. She grew up in a simple family, she discovered her music talent after she joined a local choir. She took the basic steps in becoming a wonderful musician during her childhood days, she recorded songs with her school choir and practiced with her brother’s guitar. According to a documentary with MU Narratives, she recounted how her music teacher encouraged her to sing with her real voice when she doubted her capability.

Tems is 25 years old as of 2020. She is not married yet and has not made her relationship status public. Probably, she is very good at keeping it off the media.

Tems Career

Her music started at a young age when she was taught how to play the piano by her music teacher. She enjoyed listening to ‘Soldier’ by Destiny child ft Lil Wayne. Her favorite artist was Beyoncé and she always dreamt of becoming a music icon.

The alternative singer’s journey into the music industry began when she was 20. She released her first EP, “Time Swap EP” in 2013. Her first recognized single, “Mr. Rebel”, a song that got more than 200,000 views on youtube came after her album “Illumination” in 2018. She followed it up with another single, titled “Looku Looku”, a song that was widely accepted and Nigerian radio stations gave it enough air-play. She measured up with another hit single, “Try me”, and solidified her name in the hall of fame. Try me by Tems was released in August 2019 and has gained more than 2 million views on Youtube alone.

Tems is signed into Reset Industries record label and HUMAN MUSIC label. Her latest single, “Damages” is making waves on Youtube and other popular music streaming platforms. The song is listed amongst the track in her latest EP, ‎For Broken Ears, which was released on 25th Septemeber 2020.

Tems Songs

Other songs she has released and featured in includes;

• Mr. Rebel

• Looku Looku

• Try Me

• Come Inn

• These Days

• If U then I

• Oldschool

• Plunge Down the Cascades

• Cruising

• Epiphany

• Diss for Lil’ProkS

• Ultra Happiness

• Ghost Detain

• Love Me Down

• Falling

• Twisted Tilde

• Tales By Moonlight

• Time Swap

• Good Time

• These Days

• Drop

• Skills

• Too Bad

• Know your Worth – DJ Khalid ft Davido, Disclosure.

In 2020, she collaborated with DJ Khalid on a single titled “Know Your Worth”. The uplifting music “Know Your Worth” also featured Nigerian superstar, Davido, and Disclosure and made it to Barack Obama’s playlist for summer 2020.

In 2019, She was nominated for the Best Vocal Performance (Female) and Best Alternative Song for her single “Mr. Rebel”, during the Headies award.

Top Songs

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/9ff209780387a31d8ebfa5243f56a9da.jpg

Tems Net Worth

Tems got some international recognition after she was featured with DJ Khalid which topped her gross income and event charges. Although she’s new in the industry, her net worth is an estimated $100,000.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Police Officers Arrested With Illicit Drugs Worth ₦20 Million
Forum | 3 hours ago

Police Officers Arrested With Illicit Drugs Worth ₦20 Million

Singer, Shine TTW Narrates How Lagos Policemen Damaged His Car
Forum | 7 hours ago

Singer, Shine TTW Narrates How Lagos Policemen Damaged His Car

Your Marriage Is Still One of the Best We’ve Seen So Far - Nigerian Man Praises Adekunle Gold and Simi
Forum | 2 days ago

Your Marriage Is Still One of the Best We’ve Seen So Far - Nigerian Man Praises Adekunle Gold and Simi

Zeribe Nwosu Foundation (ZNF) Annual Essay Competition for Nigerian Students, 2024
Forum | 3 days ago

Zeribe Nwosu Foundation (ZNF) Annual Essay Competition for Nigerian Students, 2024