Leicester City Gave Me Everything – Riyad Mahrez

Forum 3 years ago

Leicester City Gave Me Everything – Riyad Mahrez

As he prepares to face his old side with Manchester City, Riyad Mahrez reflects on his time at Leicester City.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/0cc44792bbee7d4b4b52a0e7a6f1b1ca.png

Mahrez was PFA Player of the Year in Leicester’s 2015/16 title-winning season, but he left the club in difficult circumstances in 2018 for Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City.

He was jeered by some Leicester fans on his return to the King Power Stadium, something he cannot fully understand, fans, and here in an exclusive interview with Sky Sports, the Algerian discusses the moment he believed Leicester could win the league in 2016, the circumstances surrounding him leaving the club, and what the future holds…

Mahrez joined Leicester in 2014 from Le Havre as a relatively unknown 21-year-old, but he was soon transformed into one of the Premier League’s top players.

“Leicester gave me everything, and obviously it’s because of them that I am where I am now, and what I achieved. It’s part of my career, and I cannot thank them enough.

“Vichai [Srivaddhanaprabha] was very special to me. When I see Leicester I still see him. Very important club and very important people in my heart.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race
Forum | 12 hours ago

EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race

FA Cup: Man City defeat Chelsea, qualify for final
Forum | 3 days ago

FA Cup: Man City defeat Chelsea, qualify for final

FA Cup Semi-Final: Why Chelsea lost to Man City – Pochettino
Forum | 12 hours ago

FA Cup Semi-Final: Why Chelsea lost to Man City – Pochettino

My Spy: The Eternal City Photo Sets Release Date for Dave Bautista Sequel
Forum | 5 days ago

My Spy: The Eternal City Photo Sets Release Date for Dave Bautista Sequel