‘Obaseki Can Return To APC If He Wants To’ – Governor Wike

Forum 3 years ago

‘Obaseki Can Return To APC If He Wants To’ – Governor Wike

According to the Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, Edo State Governor Godwin Obaseki can return to his former party if he wants to return.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/db6c79e5375308e215440982209410e7.jpg

It could be recalled that Obaseki was re-elected on the ticket of the Peoples Democratic Party after he was disqualified by the APC during their primaries.

Speaking in an interview with Channels TV, Wike who was the chairman of the PDP campaign council for the Edo State governorship election was quizzed what his reaction would be if Obaseki left the PDP for the APC following his victory and he said;

“I don’t want to discuss something that is not going to be possible. However, assuming it happens, so what? That is politics.

If the governor believes that the PDP is no longer a party for him to actualise his vision and his mission, there is nothing wrong but I don’t believe that it is going to happen because the governor has consistently told us that there is no way he will leave the PDP. If he leaves the PDP, people in Edo State will not be happy.

And he is somebody I have that trust in that he will not leave the party. This is a party that clothed him. This is a party that when it was raining, gave him an umbrella.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
N/Assembly Caucus Insists On Akume As APC Leader In Benue
Forum | 2 days ago

N/Assembly Caucus Insists On Akume As APC Leader In Benue

Why Ganduje Should Resign As APC National Chairman – Lawyer
Forum | 2 days ago

Why Ganduje Should Resign As APC National Chairman – Lawyer

APC Chieftain Begs Tinubu to Settle Kwankwaso-Ganduje Feud
Forum | 2 days ago

APC Chieftain Begs Tinubu to Settle Kwankwaso-Ganduje Feud