Barcelona Said Goodbye To Luis Suárez

Forum 3 years ago

Barcelona Said Goodbye To Luis Suárez

FC Barcelona said goodbye to Luis Suárez this Thursday with a loving tribute to his six years at the club, but his departure to Atlético was preceded by lots of controversy.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/f2ce7dce0c6c6d1d26a2187c9a9780ed.jpgMartín Lasarte, who was in charge of the Uruguayan at Nacional, criticised the phone call with which Ronald Koeman told him to look for another team.

This Thursday, Barca paid tribute at Camp Nou to Luis Suárez for his six years at the club. He is leaving for Atlético after his departure to Juventus was deemed impossible. He leaves on good terms after an authentic saga due to difficulties in agreeing his departure from the side.

Despite the smiles and tears of Suárez, his departure from Barca has been yet another source of drama. One that began the day when Ronald Koeman called the forward by telephone to say to him that he should start looking for a new team.

In a round of interviews with people who crossed paths with the Uruguayan, ‘Catalunya Ràdio’ interviewed Martín Lasarte. The Uruguayan manager, formerly of Real Sociedad, trained Luis Suárez during his time at Nacional in Montevideo.

During his speech, Lasarte criticised the way in which Barca addressed his former pupil: “I was surprised by the way they did it, every club has the right to make decisions, but Barcelona can’t fire a player of this level over the phone”.

“I get the feeling that Barcelona will not have it easy hiring another player like him. I don’t know if they will be able to do it. Maybe there are other types of strategies,” he said of the search for a replacement for Suárez.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Transfer: Barcelona to move for Chukwuemeka
Forum | 18 hours ago

Transfer: Barcelona to move for Chukwuemeka

Sydney Sweeney Responds to Producer Who Said She ‘Can’t Act’ & ‘Isn’t Pretty’
Forum | 5 days ago

Sydney Sweeney Responds to Producer Who Said She ‘Can’t Act’ & ‘Isn’t Pretty’

UCL: You killed the game – Gundogan blames Barcelona teammate for PSG defeat
Forum | 1 week ago

UCL: You killed the game – Gundogan blames Barcelona teammate for PSG defeat