Arsenal Young Players Want To Play For Arteta – Willock

Forum 3 years ago

Arsenal Young Players Want To Play For Arteta – Willock

Joe Willock says Arsenal’s youngsters will never stop snapping at the heels of the club’s senior stars as they look to make it difficult for Mikel Arteta to pick a starting XI.

The 21-year-old midfielder was one of five academy products that started Wednesday night’s 2-0 success against Leicester City in the Carabao Cup, joining Reiss Nelson, Eddie Nketiah, Bukayo Saka and Ainsley Maitland-Niles in the side.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/83792db964a73b06638cb1ea784d2cd0.jpg

And the Arsenal young guns played a starring role in the victory, which was secured thanks to a Christian Fuchs own goal and a late strike from Nketiah – who added to the winner he scored against West Ham at the weekend.

It was another night which highlighted the quality of the young talent Arteta has it his disposal and Willock says he and his fellow academy graduates will continue to do all they can to get more game time in the Premier League.

“That is our job as players, as youngsters,” he said. “We’re always trying to make it difficult for the manager to make a decision on who plays on the weekend.

“That is what we’re trying to do, we’re all trying to push each other to be better and to play as good as we can.

“My personal goals are to get into the team and play regularly. I love playing for Arsenal and that is where I want to be.

“So every time I get a chance I need to make the manager have questions about whether to put me in again and that’s what I tried to do [against Leicester].”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Heartwarming Video Of Veteran Actor, Nobert Young With His Wife, Gloria Young Vibing At A Party
Forum | 2 days ago

Heartwarming Video Of Veteran Actor, Nobert Young With His Wife, Gloria Young Vibing At A Party

EPL: ‘He was outstanding’ – Arteta names player that helped Arsenal beat Wolves
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: ‘He was outstanding’ – Arteta names player that helped Arsenal beat Wolves

FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star
Forum | 3 days ago

FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star

SPORT 20 mins ago EPL: Arsenal go top with 2-0 win at Wolves
Forum | 4 days ago

SPORT 20 mins ago EPL: Arsenal go top with 2-0 win at Wolves