ITS OFFICIAL!! Chelsea Sign Senegal Goalkeeper From Rennes

Forum 3 years ago

ITS OFFICIAL!! Chelsea Sign Senegal Goalkeeper From Rennes

Chelsea have signed Rennes goalkeeper Edouard Mendy on a five-year deal.

The Senegal international, 28, made 25 league appearances for the Ligue 1 side after joining from Reims in 2019.

He completed his medical on Tuesday, with manager Frank Lampard having said he wants to increase competition with club record signing Kepa Arrizabalaga, who cost £71m.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/3bf26c897b8191bf5e31913d32ee8c8e.jpg

“I’m so excited to be joining Chelsea,” Mendy said. “It’s a dream for me to be a part of this exciting squad.”

Kepa was at fault for Liverpool’s second goal in the 2-0 Premier League defeat by the Reds on Sunday, which was described as “a clear mistake” by Lampard.

The Spanish international was also dropped last season after errors in games.

That included the FA Cup final, when the 25-year-old was replaced by second-choice goalkeeper Willy Caballero, who is 38.

Last season for Rennes, Mendy kept nine clean sheets in 24 Ligue 1 appearances, compared to Kepa’s eight cleans sheets in 33 Premier League appearances.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: 11 Chelsea players miss training ahead of Everton clash
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: 11 Chelsea players miss training ahead of Everton clash

EPL: He’s only one I can think of – Jason Cundy hails Chelsea star after 2-2 draw
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: He’s only one I can think of – Jason Cundy hails Chelsea star after 2-2 draw

EPL: Chelsea dressing room ‘silent’ after 2-2 draw with Sheffield Utd
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: Chelsea dressing room ‘silent’ after 2-2 draw with Sheffield Utd

Transfer: Swedish club, Norby IF sign Nigerian youngster
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Transfer: Swedish club, Norby IF sign Nigerian youngster