Cech Has A Big Say In Mendy Deal – Chelsea Boss Frank Lampard

Forum 3 years ago

Cech Has A Big Say In Mendy Deal – Chelsea Boss Frank Lampard

Frank Lampard has revealed that Petr Cech was a prominent figure in Chelsea’s decision to sign Rennes’ Edouard Mendy, and says he leans heavily on his former team-mate for goalkeeping advice.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/d60af19e8228edf7483f48b4dfd11ebb.png

Mendy – who underwent his medical on Tuesday ahead of his £22m transfer – is set to move to Stamford Bridge to provide competition for Kepa Arrizabalaga, whose game has been plagued by mistakes over the past year.

The 28-year-old will arrive from Ligue 1 club Rennes – coincidentally, the same side from which Cech signed for Chelsea in 2004.

Cech went on to win 13 major trophies during his 11-year spell in west London and is now the club’s technical and performance adviser.

Ahead of Mendy’s arrival, Lampard said:

“Petr was important in that because goalkeeper is a very particular position. Petr Cech was the best in the world in that position for a long time so he’s obviously had a big say in this situation.

“From my point of view, I lean heavily on him when it comes to goalkeeping today and in the future. So yes, he was very influential.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
A Big Bold Beautiful Journey Cast: Phoebe Waller-Bridge & More Join Margot Robbie-Led Movie
Forum | 22 hours ago

A Big Bold Beautiful Journey Cast: Phoebe Waller-Bridge & More Join Margot Robbie-Led Movie

Martin Scorsese Hoping to Make Frank Sinatra Biopic With Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence
Forum | 1 day ago

Martin Scorsese Hoping to Make Frank Sinatra Biopic With Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence

Frankenstein: Guillermo del Toro Confirms Respected Horror Actor Has ‘Pivotal Cameo’ in Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

Frankenstein: Guillermo del Toro Confirms Respected Horror Actor Has ‘Pivotal Cameo’ in Movie

No Regret Invading Oyo Govt House - Arrested Yoruba Nation Agitators Say (Photo)
Forum | 3 days ago

No Regret Invading Oyo Govt House - Arrested Yoruba Nation Agitators Say (Photo)