Chelsea New Signing Thiago Silva Reveals Why He Refused To Join The Premier League In The Past

Forum 3 years ago

Chelsea New Signing Thiago Silva Reveals Why He Refused To Join The Premier League In The Past

Chelsea’s new-signing Thiago Silva says he had no desire to move to the Premier League until now because it used to be “characterised by long balls”.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/43a31b3ccaf3451f4412ecec8efea0bf.png

Silva, who joined Chelsea as a free agent after leaving French side Paris Saint-Germain, feels English football has now “developed tremendously” with a lot more “technical quality” in the Premier League.

“I’d never really seen myself in the Premier League previously because I saw it as a difficult style of football, personally,” said the 36-year-old centre-back, in his first news conference as a Chelsea player.

“I didn’t have any desire to play in the Premier League because my impression was that the football being played was of long balls. At the time I couldn’t see myself playing in that league.

“I’d seen it as being characterised by long balls and that didn’t really appeal to me. I know how to play that way but my preference was to play football on the ground, I knew my quality.

“But little by little the Premier League has really won me over and anyone that knows me can confirm that.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Nancy Isime Reveals The Best Gift She Will Give to Anyone She Loves
Forum | 16 hours ago

Nancy Isime Reveals The Best Gift She Will Give to Anyone She Loves

Butterfly Cast: Korean TV Stars & More Join Daniel Dae Kim Thriller Series
Forum | 16 hours ago

Butterfly Cast: Korean TV Stars & More Join Daniel Dae Kim Thriller Series

Drop: Violett Beane, Jacob Robinson Join Cast of Blumhouse Thriller
Forum | 16 hours ago

Drop: Violett Beane, Jacob Robinson Join Cast of Blumhouse Thriller