Gareth Bale Could Stay At Tottenham Forever – Agent Barnett

Forum 3 years ago

Gareth Bale Could Stay At Tottenham Forever – Agent Barnett

Gareth Bale could stay at Tottenham for longer than the season-long loan the club have agreed with Real Madrid, says the Wales international’s agent.

The 31-year-old forward has rejoined Spurs having left them in 2013 for a then world record fee of £85m.

“I’m sure that if things really worked out well, we’d have no problem,” said Jonathan Barnett.

“This is the club he wants to play at. I don’t see any problems if he wants another year.”

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/3f43383db0e7b8007fa7639b0cd49036.jpg

Bale, who was close to leaving Real Madrid for China in the summer of 2019, has a contract until 2022 with the Spanish giants and at the moment is scheduled to return at the end of the season.

Barnett, speaking to BBC Radio 4’s Today programme, added: “Hopefully the subject [of returning to Real] won’t come up. He will be so successful at Tottenham he’ll want to stay and it will be a simple deal to do the rest.”

Bale has won 13 major trophies with Real Madrid, including four Champions Leagues and two La Liga titles.

He is also the top-scoring British player in La Liga – with 80 goals and 40 assists in 171 league appearances.

“What I hope is he’ll get his love back for the game and play the way he can, but it’s up to him,” said Barnett.

“And he’s not on trial anywhere. He’s achieved more than any other, I think, British footballer abroad, so I think he’s fine.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Eight Years Not Forever – Aisha Yesufu Mocks Yahaya Bello, ElRufai
Forum | 2 days ago

Eight Years Not Forever – Aisha Yesufu Mocks Yahaya Bello, ElRufai

You Can’t Run Forever Trailer Features J.K. Simmons as a Serial Killer
Forum | 6 days ago

You Can’t Run Forever Trailer Features J.K. Simmons as a Serial Killer

Transfer: Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester United make Adarabioyo contact
Forum | 1 week ago

Transfer: Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester United make Adarabioyo contact

The Bride! Cast: John Magaro & Jeannie Berlin Join Christian Bale Frankenstein Movie
Forum | 2 weeks ago

The Bride! Cast: John Magaro & Jeannie Berlin Join Christian Bale Frankenstein Movie